• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have a STRONG inkling that we probably aren't going to make any moves this season

NBASupes

No center is available for the value we need to trade Millsap for and this is going to be an extremely strong free agent market this year. I was looking at the teams with cap and let's face it. Sap is a top 10-15 FA this year and a top 3 PF FA behind Love and LMA. Both are likely to stay with their teams for the max. Sap will generate a lot of interest around the NBA. He will be priced out of our range but we still could resign him depending on how we do in the playoffs. 

Jeff is going no where with Dennis going no where. 

Horford is going no where. A cornerstone for us and his trade value is at an all time low right now. 

DMC is going to stay. No reason to trade him. 

Korver is our engine under a reasonable deal. He is going no where. 

Payne is going no where. He is staying and we will likely start using him in the later half of the season. 

Jenkins and Scott could be traded for better pieces but the likelihood of that being offer is nil. 

Moose isn't going no where. 

Brand lol. 

Mack is going no where. 

Kent value is too low and we still have use for him. 

Antić is Antić. I don't think we will resign him but I also don't see use trading him either. It depends on Big Edy development. 

I honestly think we will replace Jenkins with Patterson and Antić with Edy next year. 

I don't see that many big moves upcoming. Free agency should be interesting. We need a center. I doubt we can get a guard. Jimmy Butler and Dragic are the best values at that. 

I think we got a chance at a true center. Getting someone like Hibbert, Monroe or even Asik is a possibility. So many centers available not to mention the draft as well which is center dominated this year. We got options. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Bud is beginning to mold this team into a squad of his liking. The total is greater than the sum of its parts. By season's end we will be a lot more like the Spurs that function like a well oiled machine. 

I honestly don't see us getting to that level with our personnel grouping. I really don't see this team being more than a 3rd tier NBA team and a 2nd tier eastern conference team with Washington. 

I do think we can win a lot of regular season games. Let's be honest, when Horford got hurt, we were 3rd in the East last year. This year, we are 2nd and that's with Horf slow start and Jeff and Dennis emergence. @Hotlanta1981 said it best. This team is the Suns East more than anything. I really like us in comparison to them last year. I think we have more talent and BBIQ. They had better fit and athletic ability. Both Bud and Jeff H are top tier coaches. I like that comparison. I think it's legit. 

Paul Millsap is only ONE year older than Horford. The way people talk you would think he is 35....

Why would we ditch a perfect fit at PF for this team for an injury proned guy who has a chance of not being as good at PF? Yall act like it's an age thing or a money thing. There's no bloody difference there between Horford and Millsap.

• Like 1

I stopped reading after you mentioned trading Millsap. That was your agenda of this thread. Hence one star. 

I didn't say trade Millsap. I said there isn't a center available for a Millsap trade to take place hence will keep him undoubtedly. 

Paul Millsap is only ONE year older than Horford. The way people talk you would think he is 35....

Why would we ditch a perfect fit at PF for this team for an injury proned guy who has a chance of not being as good at PF? Yall act like it's an age thing or a money thing. There's no bloody difference there between Horford and Millsap.

Millsap is your perfect fit. Horford is my perfect fit. Sap doesn't play defense anywhere near as good as Horford in my opinion. Horford is a more efficient offensive player. Horf is worth the max and Sap isn't worth more than 10-13 mil on the open market. Just reality. 

So this is a one star thread for Sap supporters. Might as well be a five star thread for Hawks supporters. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

I didn't say trade Millsap. I said there isn't a center available for a Millsap trade to take place hence will keep him undoubtedly.

Millsap is your perfect fit. Horford is my perfect fit. Sap doesn't play defense anywhere near as good as Horford in my opinion. Horford is a more efficient offensive player. Horf is worth the max and Sap isn't worth more than 10-13 mil on the open market. Just reality.

So this is a one star thread for Sap supporters. Might as well be a five star thread for Hawks supporters.

You actually believe All is worth a max? Thank God you have no say in this organization.

Just for the record Sap or All are worth anywhere near max money

• Like 3

So reality is foolish, but hypotheticals are 5 stars for hawk supporters lol.

I'll wait for you to post some stats of Horford at PF from 10% of his career.

The only bad scenario here is giving a very injury proned al Horford the max to play a new position... Might as well just trade for brook Lopez.

The only bad scenario here is giving a very injury proned al Horford the max to play a new position... Might as well just trade for brook Lopez.

The last time I checked Horford was actually worse at PF on both ends of the floor. That was probably 2 years ago as I've given up the notion that the Hawks want him at PF, but they were surprising to me nonetheless. As to his injuries I get the tongue in cheek Lopez comment but Lopez has chronic and troubling injuries for a big man. Horford's have been serious but they're not likely to cause further injury as long as he's changed his training regimen. 

I'm of the opinion that we wait and see how this team does the full season. Then we'll see what kind of warts they have and how we can address those. But I highly suspect Millsap will be a Hawks for another 4-5 years at least. Bud loves him, LOVES him. No way he lets him get away while he's in his prime. 

• Like 2

We can always trade E.R. Al for I.C.U. Brook

The last time I checked Horford was actually worse at PF on both ends of the floor. That was probably 2 years ago as I've given up the notion that the Hawks want him at PF, but they were surprising to me nonetheless. As to his injuries I get the tongue in cheek Lopez comment but Lopez has chronic and troubling injuries for a big man. Horford's have been serious but they're not likely to cause further injury as long as he's changed his training regimen.

I'm of the opinion that we wait and see how this team does the full season. Then we'll see what kind of warts they have and how we can address those. But I highly suspect Millsap will be a Hawks for another 4-5 years at least. Bud loves him, LOVES him. No way he lets him get away while he's in his prime.

Yeah it was more a joke. I dont compare him to brook who has more medical issues than a nursing home.