• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

RealGM: Atlanta [possibly] interested in Greg Monroe [as FA in 2015]

NBASupes

I think he will elect to test the free agent market and will eventually be out of our price. I would offer him 4 years right for a total of 52 million. Anything more than 13 million a year is too much in my opinion. Too much for the Hawks simply because that's a lot of payroll tied up in two similar players with him and Horford.

On the open market I can see him getting 15 million a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he will elect to test the free agent market and will eventually be out of our price. I would offer him 4 years right for a total of 52 million. Anything more than 13 million a year is too much in my opinion. Too much for the Hawks simply because that's a lot of payroll tied up in two similar players with him and Horford.

On the open market I can see him getting 15 million a season.

I don't see him getting anywhere near 15. I wouldn't even pay him 13. That's not the Spurs/Hawks style to give out big contracts like that and they usually target players without ego's who are willing to take team friendly contracts. I mean we got Millsap at 9.5 per when most thought he would get a good bit more than that. I believe he'll get a nice raise to about 12 million this offseason and then if Horford stays healthy he'll get another 12 million or so per year on his next contract. That's how you build a complete team by having deals that help the team and I think both of these guys get that. 

I'm sorry if the very obvious truth upsets you. Just kidding I'm not sorry. I can't even fathom how someone would deny that we're being run like the Spurs.

they are attempting to run their franchise like the Spurs, but are worlds away from actually accomplishing it.

they are attempting to run their franchise like the Spurs, but are worlds away from actually accomplishing it.

How's that? Because we didn't luck into getting a Hall of Fame player? That's kind of important. But that doesn't mean we aren't running the same system and aren't seen as the Spurs of the East. I know you're upset that Payne isn't playing yet but good grief we are 16-7 and look like we can play with just about anyone and we haven't had a lottery pick in 7 years now.

How's that? Because we didn't luck into getting a Hall of Fame player? That's kind of important. But that doesn't mean we aren't running the same system and aren't seen as the Spurs of the East. I know you're upset that Payne isn't playing yet but good grief we are 16-7 and look like we can play with just about anyone and we haven't had a lottery pick in 7 years now.

It all sounds good. Win playoff series and maybe we can begin the comparisons to the Spurs.

It all sounds good. Win playoff series and maybe we can begin the comparisons to the Spurs.

I'm not saying we are the Spurs. Just that we're structured like them and have the same philosophy as they do. Of course we're not going to on their talent level as we have no Hall of Famers and we're 1.25 seasons into learning their system while they've been running it for 20+ years. 

I don't know if this has been discussed, but apparently Detroit wanted Teague and Korver for Monroe.

The Pistons wanted point guard Jeff Teague and sharpshooter Kyle Korver in return for Monroe, and the Hawks balked — perhaps with knowing Monroe could walk to them the summer of 2015, right into their cap space without having to part with valuable assets.

It could be said the Pistons knew they were asking for too much with the Hawks, using their leverage to try to get Monroe to commit long-term, as they never believed he would sign the qualifying offer, that he would pass up a huge payday.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2014/12/16/pistons-monroe-stuck-contract-tangles/20513223/

LOL.  The Pistons are straight fools.  I forget the offer that they had from Sacremento for Josh Smith that they refused but I bet they are hating themselves for not taking that one.

I was hoping we would land SVG when we were looking for a coach.  Seems like his time in Orlando may have been overrated and Howard deserves more credit than he gets.

• Moderators

That is the Pistons' "I don't wanna sell it" price.  With Schröder's recent play, it makes Teague more expendable, but Korver is too ridiculous to ask.  KK + Teague = $14 mil, so does this mean Monroe was agreeing to signing an extension and be traded?  Giving up KK would be terrible because he is the type of guy that makes Monroe work in Atlanta.  Without outside shooting, Monroe/Horford/Sap combo fails.  Sounds like Atlanta needs to get a 3rd team involved...

• Like 1

That is the Pistons' "I don't wanna sell it" price.  With Schröder's recent play, it makes Teague more expendable, but Korver is too ridiculous to ask.  KK + Teague = $14 mil, so does this mean Monroe was agreeing to signing an extension and be traded?  Giving up KK would be terrible because he is the type of guy that makes Monroe work in Atlanta.  Without outside shooting, Monroe/Horford/Sap combo fails.  Sounds like Atlanta needs to get a 3rd team involved...

Honestly, Jeff for Monroe might be a potential SnT. That way we can still resign DMC and Millsap.