• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

RealGM: Atlanta [possibly] interested in Greg Monroe [as FA in 2015]

NBASupes

• Moderators

Honestly, Jeff for Monroe might be a potential SnT. That way we can still resign DMC and Millsap. 

I'd do Jeff/Thabo for Monroe w/ the right to swap 1st round picks. spiteful.gif Then we could get #PistonsWatch going. lol  Of course, I'd allow Pistons to make it top-10 protected for this season.

With Monroe/Horford/Millsap as our lineup, DMC would be forced to the bench rendering Thabo useless, especially with Bazemore still here.  If Thabo could just regain his corner three, this deal could have been done by now...  Pistons need shooters and defense.

• Moderators

I'd do Jeff/Thabo for Monroe w/ the right to swap 1st round picks. spiteful.gif Then we could get #PistonsWatch going. lol  Of course, I'd allow Pistons to make it top-10 protected for this season.

With Monroe/Horford/Millsap as our lineup, DMC would be forced to the bench rendering Thabo useless, especially with Bazemore still here.  If Thabo could just regain his corner three, this deal could have been done by now...  Pistons need shooters and defense.

I just can't see Monroe/Horford/Millsap being an effective lineup.    We complain about starting two PFs, now we're going to start 3?  I just don't see anyone in that lineup who can guard Lebron, Durant, George.

I just can't see Monroe/Horford/Millsap being an effective lineup. We complain about starting two PFs, now we're going to start 3? I just don't see anyone in that lineup who can guard Lebron, Durant, George.

It would be a defensive clusterfudge

Damn @ Spud2Nique tell him how you really feel, just a little. Lol.

My bad...lol...I just get pissed about 1 sided offers...like lets trade Nique for Danny Manning...oh wait...

Ya, I'm still bitter.

I just can't see Monroe/Horford/Millsap being an effective lineup.    We complain about starting two PFs, now we're going to start 3?  I just don't see anyone in that lineup who can guard Lebron, Durant, George.

Who said all three will start? DMC will start at SF. Horf/Sap will start. Greg will come off the bench. That way we can play everyone 30 MPG. 

• Moderators

Who said all three will start? DMC will start at SF. Horf/Sap will start. Greg will come off the bench. That way we can play everyone 30 MPG. 

We can't tie up $40+ million in 3 PFs though.   We're going to bring a guy off the bench making close to max money?   It may not seem to matter but it matters to these guys.   Monroe would never sign here if he thinks he'll be coming off the bench.   

We can't tie up $40+ million in 3 PFs though.   We're going to bring a guy off the bench making close to max money?   It may not seem to matter but it matters to these guys.   Monroe would never sign here if he thinks he'll be coming off the bench.   

Monroe is a center. 

I'm not relying on it to make my argument, I'm using it as a supplement. The point being that most talented bigs put up big numbers on Horford because he's not a top tier defensive C but even Monroe couldn't do that much against Al. 

And a healthy Bogut is a better player than Al. Not by the margin that I believe Al is better than Monroe but Bogut is better than Al. 

@Dolfan23, It was funny then and it's beyond hilarious now. 

A. Horford has ALWAYS been better than Bogut. 

B. Bogut is one of the most injury prone players in the NBA. 

• Moderators

this was covered in another thread but i think almost traded is a huge overstatement.   

I think the conversation went like this:

SVG: So you wouldn't be against trading korver and teague for monroe would ya?

DF: Hell no, no way.

SVG: So you will make the trade?

DF: Wait what?.... No I'm not making the trade.

SVG: So you're not saying no.

DF: Yes...No, I mean.   No trade

SVG: So we have a deal?

click