• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Kenny Smith gave us some love on NBA Gametime!

Wurider05

He stated that we are just as good as the Cavaliers with Lebron, Toronto, and Washington. He stated that the only team that would give use trouble if they got it going is Chicago. He said that we really should not be worried about any team in the East and that he wouldn't be surprised if we made it to the Eastern Conference Finals.

• Like 4

Cool.  Kenny doesn't give props like that all the time.

Also good to read because "we can't get no respect!"  Seriously.  My fater-in-law was telling me about an article in the AJC where they said the Hawks are not as good as their record because they've been playing bad team.  Okay, our schedule has been a bit easier lately, but at least we are constantly beating teams we should beat.  Where's the love AJC, where's the love?

Edited by ATLSmith
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

He stated that we are just as good as the Cavaliers with Lebron, Toronto, and Washington. He stated that the only team that would give use trouble if they got it going is Chicago. He said that we really should not be worried about any team in the East and that he wouldn't be surprised if we made it to the Eastern Conference Finals.

I'm glad because Steven A. Smith gave us much disrespect yesterday.

I watched Kenny talking and what he said is true for now.  I think we may be even better than he said.

F@&k Kenny, I'm not gonna give him a pass for all the times he and that clown panel try to make jokes out of us. Good analysis though.

Agreed. Kenny Smith is a moron who doesn't deserve to be on that panel. You go with 2 hall of famers in Shaq and Charles...then a scrub coattail rider of Hakeem in Smith. He thinks he is smarter than he is...I don't care what the hell Kenny says about anything. Sorry for the rant...but I can't stand Kenny or Jon Barry...don't get me started...lol

Marshall (Atlanta)

Can the Hawks finally make the ECF?

Chad Ford
  (1:24 PM)

I think it will likely be Bulls-Cavs. Raptors and Wizards look next in line to me. But there's a chance. They are playing really great basketball right now.

Brett (ATL)

First Chad Ford Hawks question answered in 5+ years! You completely dismissed them of course, but acknowledging their existence is a big step forward.

Chad Ford
  (1:28 PM)

It was a big step for me.

Just had to add that being a great player doesn't always translate into a great analyst. I would take a lot of basketball minds over a HOF like Shaq, for instance. Guys like Steve Kerr, Bud, Pops, etc. were never in the same ballpark as Shaq as players but in terms of breaking down a game, team, etc. I would say that is a different skill set from playing.

I am just proud of him for no longer mentioning that we passed on Paul while he ignores the fact that he said Marvin was the top guy from that class.

I don't know why Brent Barry doesn't have a job. I don't like Webber all the time but I respect his basketball acumen. There are a lot of strictly TV/Radio guys who are much smarter about the game than many HOFs. Rick Kamla for example can talk basketball with any and everyone in the Summer League.

And Marvin Williams? I like Ford's writing despite failing to acknowledge us, but liking Marvin the most out of that class is something you never live down. There's a former GM out there who was permanently exiled for moves like that.

I don't know why Brent Barry doesn't have a job. I don't like Webber all the time but I respect his basketball acumen. There are a lot of strictly TV/Radio guys who are much smarter about the game than many HOFs. Rick Kamla for example can talk basketball with any and everyone in the Summer League.

And Marvin Williams? I like Ford's writing despite failing to acknowledge us, but liking Marvin the most out of that class is something you never live down. There's a former GM out there who was permanently exiled for moves like that.

I like listening to Brent Barry's analysis.

Just had to add that being a great player doesn't always translate into a great analyst. I would take a lot of basketball minds over a HOF like Shaq, for instance. Guys like Steve Kerr, Bud, Pops, etc. were never in the same ballpark as Shaq as players but in terms of breaking down a game, team, etc. I would say that is a different skill set from playing.

I am just proud of him for no longer mentioning that we passed on Paul while he ignores the fact that he said Marvin was the top guy from that class.

Oh no doubt I agree great players aren't always great analysts. I would even venture to say that most of the great athletes most often pretty bad analysts. I just feel like Kenny speaks about the game as though he was a hall of famer. He speaks like he knows exactly what to do in any situation. But the truth is he wasn't the smartest of players out there on the court and made many mistakes. The two years that he was a decent player was the two rocket championships and he didn't carry much of the load on the team. I mean they had Hakeem, Thorpe the first year, Clyde the second, Horry, Cassell. I think his main job was to spot up for threes. All I'm saying is I don't want to hear Kenny talk like he's Michael, Magic or Bird that's all. If Kenny would act like Steve Kerr as an analyst, that'd be great.

Kenny was correct to show us love but I disagree with his analysis a bit. For one we have been blown out by Toronto twice so for now they are the only team I fear going forward. I was at our home game against them and we played our butts off but just had no answer at all for their guards.Cleveland also blew us out so I give them respect especially with Lebron but I have to see how we respond now that we are playing better and they seemed to just be extremely hot that night. I am not worried about Chicago even with Rose. It would be a tough matchup but we can definately hang with them same for Toronto.

• Moderators

That isn't his big shame.  His big one is advocating Darko over Lebron, Wade and Bosh.

• Like 1