• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Kenny Smith gave us some love on NBA Gametime!

Wurider05

Wow way to go Chad Ford! And honestly he's got a good point there as you could argue those 4 teams are better than us over a full season. But it's still early in the season and we'll see. 

We are already better than Washington and I think we will end up being better than Toronto when April gets here. 

Edited by JETSET

• Premium Member

Brent Barry hates the Hawks though so I wouldn't like hearing him anymore than I already do.

Is it Brent Barry or Jon Barry that hates the Hawks? I know Jon Barry has taken his fair share of shots at the Hawks. Never got that impression with Brent though.

We are already better than Washington and I think we will end up being better than Toronto when April gets here. 

It's too early to say for sure if we're better than Washington. Let's let the entire season play out before we make such a bold statement. 

Is it Brent Barry or Jon Barry that hates the Hawks? I know Jon Barry has taken his fair share of shots at the Hawks. Never got that impression with Brent though.

Am I mixing my Barry's up here? One of them hates us, might be Jon. Does he hate us from his short tour of duty in Atlanta?

• Like 1

Jon Barry HATES the Hawks. Brent'Bones' Barry is neutral in his analysis of teams.

That isn't his big shame. His big one is advocating Darko over Lebron, Wade and Bosh.

Damn, let me retort my statement of enjoying his work. Never again. So that's why ESPN's basketball coverage is azz backwards. Eureka moment. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I agree that WE WILL MAKE THE EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS. Reason? Our defense is really good as far as limiting quality shots. Every team we play has a hard time finding good shots consistently. For instance, while watching the Pacers game on stream I overheard Quinn Buckner and his fellow broadcaster Chris Denari talk favorable about the Hawks. Obviously, their microphones were muted to television viewers but people streaming the game could hear the entire conversation. Chris Denari told Quinn Buckner that the Pacers were shooting 48% in the game. And could he believe it.. Quinn Buckner acknowledged it and replied, "it's scary for a team to shoot that high of a percentage and be down 20+ points. The Atlanta Hawks are looking like a very dangerous team in the East." Man I was floored, he kept ranting and raving about our team throughout the halftime break. He's been with the Pacers broadcast team for 16 years and I honestly take his word for it. We have a monster of a team guys.

I agree that WE WILL MAKE THE EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS. Reason? Our defense is really good as far as limiting quality shots. Every team we play has a hard time finding good shots consistently. For instance, while watching the Pacers game on stream I overheard Quinn Buckner and his fellow broadcaster Chris Denari talk favorable about the Hawks. Obviously, their microphones were muted to television viewers but people streaming the game could hear the entire conversation. Chris Denari told Quinn Buckner that the Pacers were shooting 48% in the game. And could he believe it.. Quinn Buckner acknowledged it and replied, "it's scary for a team to shoot that high of a percentage and be down 20+ points. The Atlanta Hawks are looking like a very dangerous team in the East." Man I was floored, he kept ranting and raving about our team throughout the halftime break. He's been with the Pacers broadcast team for 16 years and I honestly take his word for it. We have a monster of a team guys.

Slowly but surely people around the league are noticing. I would love to hear how far Hubie would go on us, he'd praise the Hawks during other games when we were mentioned in past years even when we sucked. He'd cherry-pick some stats HS style. I'm sure that Danny and Bud have reached out to him in some way for wisdom. I've never seen him out or at games though, he always says he watches closely.

When we play Minnesota I'm sure Sam Mitchell will have nothing but good things to say. Since February last year all he talked about was "this team can beat the Pacers", and this was before their meltdown when no one questioned their top seed.

Did anyone hear that crazy fool Heinson during their commentary? If he gives us props you know we're on to something.

Edited by benhillboy

It's too early to say for sure if we're better than Washington. Let's let the entire season play out before we make such a bold statement. 

Am I mixing my Barry's up here? One of them hates us, might be Jon. Does he hate us from his short tour of duty in Atlanta?

I remember Jon Barry was at the intro press conference for Josh Childress and Smith.  Woody said STTE, "We have our SF and PF of the future" and said nice things about everyone there except Barry.  Barry interrupted Woody and said STTE, "I'm here too coach.  What am I chopped liver".

He ended up being bought out shortly thereafter.

Kenny was correct to show us love but I disagree with his analysis a bit. For one we have been blown out by Toronto twice so for now they are the only team I fear going forward. I was at our home game against them and we played our butts off but just had no answer at all for their guards.Cleveland also blew us out so I give them respect especially with Lebron but I have to see how we respond now that we are playing better and they seemed to just be extremely hot that night. I am not worried about Chicago even with Rose. It would be a tough matchup but we can definately hang with them same for Washington

I personally remember Jon being mad due to lack of pt from Woody in his first year.

Nah, we are and will continue to be better than them assuming we stay healthy.

Nah, we are and will continue to be better than them assuming we stay healthy.

They're a good quality team and tied with us in the conference standings and we're both 1-4 against teams above .500 so I don't see how anyone can make a definitive statement about it either way at this point. 

Kenny was correct to show us love but I disagree with his analysis a bit. For one we have been blown out by Toronto twice so for now they are the only team I fear going forward. I was at our home game against them and we played our butts off but just had no answer at all for their guards.Cleveland also blew us out so I give them respect especially with Lebron but I have to see how we respond now that we are playing better and they seemed to just be extremely hot that night. I am not worried about Chicago even with Rose. It would be a tough matchup but we can definately hang with them same for Washington

We didn't get blown out by Toronto in either one of those games. Cleveland's better than us because they have Lebron and a healthy Bulls team would be better too but we're right there with Washington and Toronto.

I would still like to see us make a move for a scoring wing at the deadline but it probably won't happen.

We had two chances to prove we could hang with Toronto and we lost both. Until we win at least one we can not claim to be on their level. Record wise we can match them true but head to head they have shown they are better so far. This is coming from a guy who before the season thought they were over rated

We had two chances to prove we could hang with Toronto and we lost both. Until we win at least one we can not claim to be on their level. Record wise we can match them true but head to head they have shown they are better so far. This is coming from a guy who before the season thought they were over rated

Why so stuck on Toronto? We have beaten Washington on there home floor.