• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Kenny Smith gave us some love on NBA Gametime!

Wurider05

The Hawks can win 60 and Heinson would still look at them like a 35-win team.

Like everyone else here, I just want the winning to continue. If they do that, the props and everything else that comes with it will take care of themselves...

They're a good quality team and tied with us in the conference standings and we're both 1-4 against teams above .500 so I don't see how anyone can make a definitive statement about it either way at this point. 

We are just a bad matchup for them.  We've already beat them on their home floor and look at the way we are beating teams we are supposed to beat.  Washington should be 0-3 in their past 3 if Boston and Orlando don't choke late.  They are struggling to beat some teams that they should beat while we are crushing these teams.  I feel like Washington is what they are and won't do much improving between now and the end of the season.  Outside of Cleveland, I think we have more room to improve than any other team in the East assuming Rose doesn't grow a pair of new legs.

• Moderators

Man the standings are crazy.  I mean the east sucks but the whole league is weird.

17 out of 30 teams are below .500

10 out of the 13 teams above .500 are above .700  (3 teams with a record between .500-.700 winning pct)

GS has a .902 winning pct at the quarter pole and yet I bet there's more coverage of the Lakers in the national media

To me this means that teams have really embraced the 'don't be middle of the pack' mentality.   If the playoffs started today we'd have 3 east teams below .500 in the playoffs.   

Someone has to win games though so things will even out but It seems more than likely that the east playoff teams will be set by the all star game.  Right now it looks like there are only 7 teams in the east who really want to be in the playoffs.   

In my opinion this is bad for the nba.   

• Like 1

Toronto has our number. Not the way Chicago does, but it's heading in that direction.

The Wizards are a good team and I suspect we will see who is the better team. That has 4/5 seed matchup written all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

The Warriors have only beaten two teams with winning records throughout there 14 game winning streak.

That is absolutely a reason to expect their off-the-chart numbers to come back to reality some in the future.  I don't think they are as good as their numbers suggest and part of that is the schedule.

That is absolutely a reason to expect their off-the-chart numbers to come back to reality some in the future.  I don't think they are as good as their numbers suggest and part of that is the schedule.

There are several ways to look at this. You could say that the whole league is weak if you can go through a period of 14 games and only play 2 teams with winning records, but I reject that. The NBA is the best basketball league in the world. My point is people just want to nitpick at the Hawks. The Clippers like the Warriors have only beaten 2 teams with winning records during there 9 game streak.

The point to a streak is to build confidence and hopefully get better executing offensively and defensively.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We didn't get blown out by Toronto in either one of those games. Cleveland's better than us because they have Lebron and a healthy Bulls team would be better too but we're right there with Washington and Toronto.

I would still like to see us make a move for a scoring wing at the deadline but it probably won't happen.

I disagree that Cleveland is better than us even with Lebron. The Cleveland game where they blew us out - our only blowout loss btw - is an aberration.

They had a historically hot shooting 1st qtr from 3 that will probably never happen again this season for any team in any qtr.

I see us splitting the season series with the Cavs. I stand by the opinion they are slightly worse than us and by the end of the season they will be below us in the standings as they are now. Of course health permitting..

Edited by turnermx