• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

RANDOM THOUGHT: on end of year games....

JTB

Again this is random and I can't get it off my mind after watching him torch the clippers yesterday....but how in the hell is bud going to plan for the Hawks to defend and stop "The Greek Freak"

Sorry for the random thought but I need to talk to my squawk family about an upcoming end of year opponent back to back against MIL BUCKS.

I get it may be too early for this and plenty games before we meet the bucks but have you guys seen this kid?!...6'11 SG that post up, has speed, and when he dunks I instantly think of the long arm MJ space jam dunk...the kid is loooonnnngggg.

I'm not so much worried about his speed but his length is like having 3 centers on the court and there's no possible way to prepare for this as the bucks are the only team who has a SG at 6'11! Also for a 6'11 guy his defense is honestly outstanding on the perimeter....our Hawks never have trouble with speed but always length and this team scares me especially "the Greek freak". It will be interesting to see what possible coach of the year Mike bud come up with to contain this freakish long team.

Thoughts?

The scary part is if Larry Drew wasn't a vendictive prick we would have picked the Greek Freak instead of knock my knees Bebe Bebe and Schröder. Think about how different our Star outlook would look then.

It's the one thing that really makes me hate Larry Drew; he stole our intellectual property even after the Hawks did him a solid by releasing him early. Screw you Larry Drew.

I'd say that Ferry guy did a good job of identifying potential star talent in that draft.

Our lineup at times could have been Scary D. You could shift AL up to 4 and put Brand in for lights out D.

Dennis

Sefelosha

Giannis

Trillsap

Bawse

Edited by ATLien_

• Moderators

Happy for Milwaukee.  Got Giannis and Jabari as their tandem going forward and they are currently in the playoffs.  If they just get a good backcourt and a bench, they could be a deadly team in the already great Central division.

As for stopping them, the same way we always defend great players... Contain them and hope they miss when they put up the shot.  DMC and Thabo, and if we need someone more athletic on him, we'll bring in the BAZEGOD.

And now you guys see why Ferry wanted the Greek Freak so bad and made him that "guarantee".  Ferry knew what he was doing... Then Gearon had to f*** it up.

And why is everyone so sure we were gonna draft him? I don't recall that being the case nor do I recall Ferry saying he was going to or that he'd promised to pick him.

It was rumored often that Giannis had a promise, and the Hawks were always the team mentioned. We run a tight ship, so no one can really be sure. Danny Ferry is not going to come out and say he made a promise.

I think the better argument is taking Bebe and and Greek. Based on draft slot alone, but I believe the Hawks knew Dennis had an ego problem. I think taking him second was step one in his development.

That's an interesting thought about Schröder being taken 2nd. I don't know if that's what really happened or not but an interesting thought nonetheless. 

As to the freak, I know that some speculated the Hawks were the team that promised him but I don't buy it. That doesn't seem like Ferry's style to me and I certainly don't believe he'd let that leak. Plus, doesn't Giannis have "a little African in him" since he's of Nigerian descent?