• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Clippers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Amazing. Just amazing. Even though we had nothing to stop Jordan on rebounds we still won. This team is so much fun to watch. It honestly feels so good just to be able to enjoy watching the team and not worrying about Iso Joe or Chuck McChuckerson.

• Like 4

Amazing. Just amazing. Even though we had nothing to stop Jordan on rebounds we still won. This team is so much fun to watch. It honestly feels so good just to be able to enjoy watching the team and not worrying about Iso Joe or Chuck McChuckerson.

Wish I could give you 1,000 likes on this post!!!! So true!

• Like 2

You know you can almost mark it down when Horford is going to make a shot or not. When he's moving towards the goal and sets his feet it's automatic. When he's on the baseline, it's automatic. When he's set out near the elbows and isn't shooting the ball right after catching it, it's usually a close miss. I knew for sure that he'd miss those shots late but I can't blame him as they were darn close and the guy is as close as you'll get to automatic from a stretch 4-5. 

• Like 3

The habits they're building while winning are the most important thing. We'll beat Milwaukee twice with our C-game because our mettle is nothing less than championship caliber.

Yeah, we can get demolished on the boards, which is our only weakness, but we find a way to get the rebounds we absolutely need. And how the hell you win a game with 1 fast break point?

This team will never be the "most talented" in Atlanta history because it doesn't have a Nique. I think it's clear this is the best team basketball we've ever seen, though. Spurs fans have been spoiled with this type of play for the last 15 years?! These Hawks are adjusting my expectations from pro players. When I watch other teams around the league, I shake my head when they don't cut to the basket when a play breaks down or point out who has the screener. And how many times is Bob confused as to who blocked a shot because we have 2 guys swatting at it? We ready.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

• Admin

Three cheers to the crowd tonight! Whether you came for the Clipper highlight plays, or the Hawks pulling out a tough win, or both, everybody got what they wanted!

~lw3

yes, I couldn't believe the crowd actually being there. Is it me or are they turning up a little more lately
  • Like 2

Anyone notice that @JayBirdHawk isn't around? I hope she's not missing this amazing run against this team of tiers who are just below our level :)

I was thinking I haven't seen Jaybird either lately. Hope everything is cool. I'm on vaca in LA so I had to listen to the Clipps announcers as well...I had to mute it a lot..lol...Lawler's law is kinda annoying at times...

Great great win tonight. We could have easily let this one get away because we've had a tough schedule, it's almost Xmas, etc. but we fought and got it done...I'm so proud of this team and just elated with everything positive that's happening to us. GO HAWKS!!!!

From what I saw on TV it looked like the best Tuesday night crowd I've seen at Phillips in a regular season game.

Yeah but it's more like a Friday night with a lot of people off tomorrow.

Our attendance is actually dropping. It was up over 17k at the beginning of the season but now we are down to 15.6k which is still better than last year but damn I wish we had 20k like the Mavs had last night.

• Premium Member

Yeah but it's more like a Friday night with a lot of people off tomorrow.

Our attendance is actually dropping. It was up over 17k at the beginning of the season but now we are down to 15.6k which is still better than last year but damn I wish we had 20k like the Mavs had last night.

Good point... Still I have faith that the city will get behind this team the way it deserves.