• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

Among the more fun stat lines of the evening:

"Shelvin Mack -- DNP-CD"

~lw3

Savin' him for the playoffs ... if the Cavs make it.

Heard a rumor that LeBrownghne sat out so as to avoid being on the floor for another embarrassing loss to the lowly Hawks.

Any of you night owls see him out and about celebrating Budz' birthday?

Cavs fans hated the Nique commentary. Can't say I blame them.

Other fans must really hate them. They are super homers. For local broadcast there is nothing wrong with that. 

Although, there's plenty worse (Boston is probably the worst).

Edited by Duff_Man
  • Like 1

After seeing them a coupla games, if I'm the Cavs I gotta trade Love.  Looks disinterested and doesn't appear to fit whatever "offense" they run.  Oh and he plays no D.  I mean no D at all.

Other fans must really hate them. They are super homers. For local broadcast there is nothing wrong with that. 

Tommy H is great, if you're a Boston fan. When I first moved up to Conneticut, I couldn't understand a word he said. Then, once you learn how to understand Bostonian, you get drunk Tommy in the 4th (sometimes even before the game). Great fun to listen to.

Chicago AND Washington lost tonight. If it weren't for those darn Raptors! Never expected them to be this good.

Our schedule isn't a cakewalk yet either though - as i recall we have Portland and Memphis near on the horizon.

One thing that can make Portland favorable for the Hawks is the fact that Portland his no depth. It's likely that Aldridge, Lillard and Wesley Johnson will all three have to have a great game. They really don't have anyone else with Lopez being out and Batum not playing that well this year.

• Like 1

The cavs announcers are 100x worse when it comes to being homers. I really appreciate the job that our guys do after watching a lot of different games on ballstreams and listening to some of the straight terrible announcers of other teams. Cleveland is about as bad as it gets.

• Like 2

Why couldn't I be a gambling man? When Vegas put the over under at 42 wins for the Hawks I said that would be the easiest money I ever made. Damn my moral code. I should have put two stacks on that before the season.

We are a 3rd through the season and the Hawks are halfway there. Gambling is a slippery slope though. Don't want to become a degenerate gambler like Mike Bell and Steak Shapiro.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Why couldn't I be a gambling man? When Vegas put the over under at 42 wins for the Hawks I said that would be the easiest money I ever made. Damn my moral code. I should have put two stacks on that before the season.

We are a 3rd through the season and the Hawks are halfway there. Gambling is a slippery slope though. Don't want to become a degenerate gambler like Mike Bell and Steak Shapiro.

kennyrogersgeico-300x168.jpg

• Like 1

@JETSET and I kept trying to convince people to go for the Vegas bet. I did the wins bet but I think jet did wins, division and conference...if I'm not mistaken conference was a 30/1 odds....so far so good.

Im stacked. I unloaded on the wins over. Got the division at 10/1. Put a little on the conference at 43.5/1. But my favorite is I put 25 on bud to win coach of the year at 250/1. That 25 would win 6,250.

I was always leery of getting into sports betting but this might push me along further. You're gonna make a crazy come up.

I'm totally ignorant on how and where to start though? Any quick pointers?

I was always leery of getting into sports betting but this might push me along further. You're gonna make a crazy come up.

I'm totally ignorant on how and where to start though? Any quick pointers?

I also have a parlay for hawks and warriors to win their division and for the knicks to not win their division that pays 19/1.

My best advice is pick your spots wisely. I tend to only bet on Hawks games for the most part since I follow them so closely and they give good effort on a nightly basis (outside of the milw game). A lot of teams halfass it on some nights so its hard to predict which team will show up. The hawks dont have that problem.