• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague is really good but not selfish enough to make ASG

JTB

Teague is my guy and I think he's a top 3 point guard in the east hands down! But my dude just isn't selfish enough to make the ASG unless the coaches vote him in.

Now I'm NOT saying being selfish is a good thing cause it obviously isn't! We all know it's about TEAM basketball but unfortunately selfishness does get you reconition in today's NBA.

Anyways just looking at yesterday's game against the cavs....teague could have easily had a 30 plus point night like selfish kyrie but he chose to get his team involved instead unlike kyrie...for that I love teague over many PGs in this league! But I must say teague has done this many many times so far this year when his 25 point night could have been 35 point nights if he really wanted to take completely over on his own but again I like that teague rather use his TEAM and is more concerned about winning basketball games than his own stats.

If east coaches realize that teague is a very good unselfish player that can light it up when he wants to then I would say they will more than likely vote him into the ASG but we know they will just look at stats.

With all this said I'm no longer worried about teague going to the ASG...sap is indeed already a lock for the ASG. Unfortunately for teague he is going up against stat stuffing PGs that are more concerned about themselves than their teams ala kyrie/Rose...sometimes Lowry in my opinion.

#stay-yourself-teague..." A TEAM PLAYER"...which is what I call an all star.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

The ASG was a long shot for Teague with all the guards playing well in the East. But I'll take Teague over all of them for the sake of team chemistry. Teague fits right in with this group. The unselfishness of this team as a whole is refreshing. Even when Teague was benched in favor of Dennis or was out with injury, he still cheered for his team mates that were on the court. No sulking or pouting or lashing out on social media. I still would like to have a superstar caliber player on this team, but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the type of guys this team is made of.

• Like 2

You could also say the same thing about Tony Parker as well, yet he still makes All-Star games. If there's anything that's going to hinder us from having multiple All-Stars is probably going to be media attention. Unfortunately, not alot of people are keen on the idea that the Hawks are a legitamate threat in the East.

• Like 1

To all Hawksquawk members, including yours truly, we keep on wishing for

a Super Star!

Reading here about Jeff, we are reminded he doesn't score more points because

he's unselfish and keeps all the rest of the team involved in the games.

We must stop and ask ourselves:  Do we really want to quit playing "Bud ball"

and continue to win game after game or do we wish to have that one great

selfish player who takes over the game, hoping that he can be the hero again?

After careful consideration, I vote that we continue playing as an unselfish team!

GO ATL ! 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Teague is my guy and I think he's a top 3 point guard in the east hands down! But my dude just isn't selfish enough to make the ASG unless the coaches vote him in.

Now I'm NOT saying being selfish is a good thing cause it obviously isn't! We all know it's about TEAM basketball but unfortunately selfishness does get you reconition in today's NBA.

Anyways just looking at yesterday's game against the cavs....teague could have easily had a 30 plus point night like selfish kyrie but he chose to get his team involved instead unlike kyrie...for that I love teague over many PGs in this league! But I must say teague has done this many many times so far this year when his 25 point night could have been 35 point nights if he really wanted to take completely over on his own but again I like that teague rather use his TEAM and is more concerned about winning basketball games than his own stats.

If east coaches realize that teague is a very good unselfish player that can light it up when he wants to then I would say they will more than likely vote him into the ASG but we know they will just look at stats.

With all this said I'm no longer worried about teague going to the ASG...sap is indeed already a lock for the ASG. Unfortunately for teague he is going up against stat stuffing PGs that are more concerned about themselves than their teams ala kyrie/Rose...sometimes Lowry in my opinion.

Just for comparison sake, how Selfish would you say Tony Parker plays?

You could also say the same thing about Tony Parker as well, yet he still makes All-Star games. If there's anything that's going to hinder us from having multiple All-Stars is probably going to be media attention. Unfortunately, not alot of people are keen on the idea that the Hawks are a legitamate threat in the East.

Well true but for 1 he has championships on his resume and even still he doesnt even get in every year. He was one of the top 2 or 3 PGs in the league for a while but now he is just a part of the crowd with all the talent the league has at the position. So yes we do need to actually legitimize our record with a meaningful playoff run but with the level of competition at the PG position these days that doesnt guarantee Teague will ever be consistently included in the "elite PG" group

• Like 1

Tony Parker knows when to turn it on when his team needs him too. His speed was elite at one point and his body control and ability to finish with either hand (Schröder) was something to marvel at. Ive seen Tony shred a defense at will more than enough times. Overall he keeps it within the reigns of the system.

I don't think he's selfish. Which is why he wasnt voted in by fans every year during his prime though he has been a top 3 pg consistently.

Parker is elite and non selfish with championship rings. teague is going in that route and that's not to compare Parker's greatness to teague, I'm just saying teague could easily be a sure vote in by the fans if he launched a ton of shots like kyrie or Lowry!

Teague can hit a high percentage just like those guys or close to it and just put up similar stats all together...which would be enough to be considered by fans an all star anyways especially considering the Hawks record so far but I can honestly tell teague is more interested in winning than individual success and I credit him for that.

Teague had 17 points on 6-8 shooting against the cavs with nearly a whole second half left but he only ends up with 24points cause he's trying to involve his team! There has been so many nights where teague could have dropped 30-35 points easily but he scarifices to get team quality wins and the same could be said about sap to be honest....that's why I love these guys!

• Like 3

• Moderators

I love Teague's efficiency this year. He is .050 better than his career high this year (TS%). That is huge.

He has been assertive and a better passer than ever.

All I can say is keep it up!

Edited by AHF

Don't see Teague getting left out if we continue winning at the rate we are at or better it.

Wall

Wade

Carmelo

Lebron

Gasol

Lowry

Butler

Sap

4 people left. If we keep winning at current rate it is hard for me to see us not getting atleast 2 guys in.

Pool

Jonas Val

Teague

Horford

Irving

Vucevic

Noah

Love

Bosh

How bad is Melo hurt? I feel like he has nothing elss to play for each year anyways except for All-Star games. Its the only thing that makes him relevant these days since he hasnt been close to reaching a finals since he was a Nugget. He might be exhibit A that Superstar talent doesnt always equal rings.

• Moderators

How bad is Melo hurt? I feel like he has nothing elss to play for each year anyways except for All-Star games. Its the only thing that makes him relevant these days since he hasnt been close to reaching a finals since he was a Nugget. He might be exhibit A that Superstar talent doesnt always equal rings.

He has been a guy who has been debated about whether he is a superstar or not.  He has been better since he played in the Olympics but if he really cared about winning he would have left New York this year since they would be in the running with Philly for worst in the league if he wasn't there.  Those trades for Bargnani and unloading Chandler were terrible decisions if they were trying to win.

• Like 1

ASG is a joke to begin with.

As of right now, I don't think the Hawks are doing a goodjob to promote our All-Stars. Maybe reminding everyone at each home game to vote and maybe offering free merchendise for those who've voted at least 100 times would help?

As of right now, I don't think the Hawks are doing a goodjob to promote our All-Stars. Maybe reminding everyone at each home game to vote and maybe offering free merchendise for those who've voted at least 100 times would help?

I agree.