• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Jazz

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Both of those are extreme reaches from someone that just wants to be right rather than tell the truth. Joe was not traded for Korver. If you want to mention such then a honest person must mention how we traded Lou and Bebe for capspace that we did not need to sign Baze and Thabo. If Devin was talent that fit the system he would still be here. Ferry has not made a good trade talent wise yet.

KORVER FOR TRADE EXCEPTION AND $$$. CHECKMATE.

• Moderators

We didn't trade Joe for Korver that is a fact.

Yes.  Which makes the Korver trade look like an even better one if you want to look at it in isolation.  

Give your definition of and opinion of the Korver trade and then tell me how he hasn't made a good trade.  It is impossible not to view the Korver trade as a GREAT one when you disconnect it from Joe.

• Moderators

No, Korver actually was a part of the Joe trade from the Hawks perspective. It's a non-simultaneous trade. The timing makes it appear like they were unrelated, but that is wrong.

I understand your point and agree with it but @MrMeltdown's claim is that (a) Ferry has never made a good trade and (b) that the Joe Johnson trade was wholly disconnected from the Korver trade.

My point is less about whether (b) is true or not, but more about the internal logic.  If I accept MrMeltdown's claim that (b) is true, then (a) cannot possibly be true.  He has to #$*& or get off the pot with these two positions.