• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC: The All-Star case for … Al Horford

NBASupes

Al is doing what Al did in college. Winning. If that means playing a role on some nights so be it. I'll take the scouts and personnel guys opinion over @Hotlanta1981 any day. And they say Horf is the best player on this team.

Sorry but I agree with Hots here man.

All is simply not putting up the numbers to be an all-star and that is just a fact. To suggest otherwise is to just let your heart cloud your objective judgement at this point. I love the guy and proud to have him but let's call it what it is.

• Like 1

All is simply not putting up the numbers to be an all-star and that is just a fact. To suggest otherwise is to just let your heart cloud your objective judgement at this point. I love the guy and proud to have him but let's call it what it is.

"Fact" and "Objective judgement" are pretty absurd when you are talking about something voted on by the fans.

"Fact" and "Objective judgement" are pretty absurd when you are talking about something voted on by the fans.

You got me there.

Not just fans but homer fans.

Look at this very thread

Why Horford shouldn't be an all star: Only 14/6 this year and he only has a big game every once and a while. He is a good role player now.

14 points and 6 rebounds are not star numbers. 

1.Horford is not a draw. People don't come to games to see him.

2.He is not a go to scorer.

3.He not among the best in any statistical catagory (blocks, rebounds, scoring, passing)

4.He is not an elite defender.

Star players carry the team on their back. If Horford is a star player then Kyle Korver is a star players. 

If Al was in the same conference with Marc Gasol, Cousins and Davis he wouldn't be in the conversation even a little bit.

I'm sure scouts thought that Marvin Williams would be a great NBA player.

The above quote are what I'm referring to.  I can careless about him being an All-Star.  He isn't a "role player".   Horf is only 5 or 6th in mpg, but 2nd or 3rd in almost every category for the team.