• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hmm, am I reading too much into this?

Admin

Got this quote from JayWalkers article on last nights game

In reply to:

“He is working hard, and he just needs to stay ready,” said Stotts. “Strange things happen in this league. I would be confident if we had to play Dan in the event of trade or injury.”

Now, am I reading too much into this or is there a little foreshadowing going on here when he talked about the possibility of a trade? Obviously it would be very hard to trade JT, but I have to think that he would be the only one in our backcourt with any trade value. Honestly I would like to keep JT as our SG with Diaw at the point, but if that isnt successfull then we need to move JT.

Yes I was kind of like huh? in that quote. I also would love to have the combination of JT and Diaw running the offense and most part having Diaw doing it. We all know we need JT's shooting abilities and quickness on the offensive end, he is a great scorer and shooter. I like whats working on offense now, with Diaw and JT and I think we should keep it that way. The only thing i'm thinking is a trade with Jacque involved in a package deal and Dickau will be the sole backup PG.

• Premium Member

Let's explore the thought of trading JT...

There are really 3 teams that he can go to given his situation:

1. LAC

2. Denver

3. Utah - Well, not really Utah is ruled out because of how we signed JT.

That leaves Denver and LAC. LAC would need the talents of JT more than Denver right now, although JT would be an excellent fit in Denver... IN fact, let's think Denver...

What if we sent JT to Denver...

Denver is willing to trade White. We don't neccessarily need White. But there is some team who may be interested in White's services... Off the bat, my mind thinks....Orlando... With Garrity out for the year and McGrady more of a SG than SF, they could probably take him.

The whole trade:

JT to Denver.

White/Barry to Orlando.

Gircek/Gooden to us.

The LAC scenerio..

This came very easily...

JT to LAC.

Wilcox/Dooling to Seattle.

Murry/Daniels to Atlanta...

The question that this answers for LAC. How much for good shooting.

The question that this answers for Seattle. How much for a presence in the post.

Wilcox is young but he is the big body that they were hoping that Collison would be. Would Seattle trade both Daniels and Murry. Well, probably not. It depends on what they believe they can get from Dooling.

Maybe, to change up a little...

JT to LAC.

WIlcox/Dooling/1st (Philly) to Seattle.

Murry/Radman to Atlanta.

Could you stand it.

JV/Murry/Radman/Reef/Theo...

JTFan,

I would like DD to get some minutes, but I wouldn't give up JV for it.

We don't know what DD brings, we know we have something that works in JV.

Personally, I would do this:

-----1st-------------2nd---------------------

PG - JV ------------- DD---------------------

SG - JT ------------- DG---------------------

SF - BD ------------- SJ---------------------

PF - SAR ------------ LN---------------------

C - TR ------------- NM---------------------

Play.

I've brought this up numerous times before, but I'm really not sure we can trade guys like JV, Glover...or even SJax because they signed one year deals...and thereby become unrFA at the end of year? like Olowakandi last year? (granted slightly different situation).

I just don't think they can be packaged, but I cuold be wrong.