• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pistons

lethalweapon3

Detroits playing with confidence and getting away with some rough stuff, but the Hawks have to realize they are not the Hunters anymore, they are the Hunted and need to understand teams are gonna bring their A game and try to knock off the upstarts....

That's an important point. Getting to the top and staying there are two different things. Fortunately Bud knows a thing or two about that and the team has handled it well so far. 

• Like 2

Interestingly, this game was like De Ja Vue for me. It was a commonplace road win for a superior team. You go out and dominate early, they are stunned, they get all pissed off and play their best in the second half and make a run - and you shut them out and win at the end - get your road win and move on.

I've seen this a hundred times as an old Celtics fan (actually Bird fan)...and this is what they did. Superior teams win close games on the road.

That's the NBA.

The thing I can't figure out is how we got to be the "Superior Team" so quickly?

Oh well...as my grandpa used to say...don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

GO HAWKS !!!!

• Like 2

Bud made mistakes late in this game.... He kept going to Al in the post late in the game, and Al shouldn't have been in the game on that last possession. He shouldn't have been in the position to have that ball go off his leg or be forced to make free throws. He is terrible at it and that has to be known by now.

The Hawks took Detroit out of their game and forced them to throw up a bunch of wild shots. Some of them went in during the 4th period. Detroit also had only 7 turnovers. Tolliver had a fluke game, Detroit did not turn the ball over and they threw up a ton of shots. Those things going Detriot back into the game.

The Hawks need to replace Mike Scott... And avoid going to Al in the post late in games.

The Hawks need to shoot better at the line and they need to learn how to handle pressure from scrappy teams.

? Drummond was sick and pulled from the game by SVG. If Drummond was himself the outcome would have been different but give yourself a pat on the back if you want.

Drummond is a slightly better version of DeAndre Jordan. Great rebounder, but nowhere close to being a complete player or top player in the league.

• Like 1

? Drummond was sick and pulled from the game by SVG. If Drummond was himself the outcome would have been different but give yourself a pat on the back if you want.

Flu or not - his putrid defense on the PnR was a huge problem. Just finished watching NBATV highlights where they focused on his defense....pppp...ew. Totally lost.

What is the Pistons record again?...above .500 I suppose since Pistons are so "HOT" ...wait??

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Moderators

They're not resting on their laurels, but still, congratulations to the Hawks for a franchise-record eighth straight road win AND the best record to this point of an NBA season in franchise history (Tri-Cities/Milwaukee/St.Louis included).

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 2

Detroit isn't good so we should take care of them but blowing 16 pt leads in the last 4 minutes and playing horrible D and missing FT's (Al...) isn't going to win games.

Well Sir...we sure as f_ck won this one didn't we? Maybe it was because we dominated the heck out of them early. You do understand how the "points system" works don't you supes? It actually comes down to who has the most at the end of the game...it doesn't matter at what point in the game you score them.

In this case, the Hawks had the most points and won the game - that gives them (us) a "W" that counts for the rest of the season.

Let's be fair Pistons fans. Your players got all happy once Smoove was gone and went on a "run"...then you ran into a REAL team that not only beat you but beat you at home. Take your medicine.

Right....Spurs and Mavs aren't "real" teams now. Hawks won, and they're better than Detroit, no doubt. But gloating over a 3 point win, in which your opponent's best player was sick and barely played? You may be the one in need of a reality check.

Drummond is a slightly better version of DeAndre Jordan. Great rebounder, but nowhere close to being a complete player or top player in the league.

That's a fair assessment of Drummond. However, he's only 21 years old, and has had no coaching stability, going back to college. As a Pistons fan, I think he has plenty of room to grow into a top center in the league. Of course, there are no guarantees.

That's a fair assessment of Drummond. However, he's only 21 years old, and has had no coaching stability, going back to college. As a Pistons fan, I think he has plenty of room to grow into a top center in the league. Of course, there are no guarantees.

I'm not saying that he can't or will not get better. I'm talking about the player that we see right now.