• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What a difference 45 days make. Quotes from the "enlightened" Hawksquawk members

Admin

Let's see who stands up for their comments... and yes one of these is even mine.

Regis, I'm tempted to say this is me:

This team was always going to be a few games above .500 this season and out in the first or second round of the playoffs.  I don't see anything to change my view of them 10 games in.  They will get a couple nice wins this season and lose some games they shouldn't.  We weren't a top team when we won 4 in a row and we aren't a bottom feeder now that we have lost a pair of ugly ones.  Being middle of the pack means we will see more streaks like the two of those.

Final answer: None are mine.  What do I win?

We are fans, we overreact to everything (except Gearon who is a complete clown- and that is the nicest word I coudl come up with).

What HSers are really good at is exceptional hyperbole. We have some posters who take everything to the nth degree.

Let's have some fun on this ride, because, as a 40 something Atlanta sports fan I know/fear/resigned to the fact there is no way this ends as well as it should.

• Premium Member

Yes, everyone realistically expected this team to win 20 of 22 games. I mean you'd be crazy to not expect that.

This eyeroll IRL is for you.

This team only won 38 games last year and they started off 7-6 this year. I don't think people should feel bad or regret what they said. This team did look like it was heading nowhere until a month and a half ago.

Truth.

I actually tried to find something from you but everything was generic and straddling the fence.  You're basically the Switzerland of Hawksquawk.

Nah, I'm just a fairly sensible poster when I'm not taking pot shots at certain unnamed individuals.

This team only won 38 games last year and they started off 7-6 this year. I don't think people should feel bad or regret what they said. This team did look like it was heading nowhere until a month and a half ago.

Yes, everyone realistically expected this team to win 20 of 22 games. I mean you'd be crazy to not expect that.

This eyeroll IRL is for you.

Truth.

It's not about expecting this win streak. It's called being 13 games into the season and not acting like the world is ending or the season is over. If you think that's justification for these quotes then I don't know what to tell you other than seek counseling immediately. 

• Like 3

I'm a very positive person but I remember being annoyed with the team and our rotations after losing to Toronto at home. I was just waiting for the Hawks to take the next step and instead we gave up 125ish to the Raptors.

The 7-6 start seems like it was years ago. 

Did I say that?  I don't believe so.

Maybe it's a good thing that some of us aren't the GM or the owner.

Sure rained on our parade early, didn't it!

locomotive.gif

Most of these were actually you and @JayBirdHawk...

"The fact remains we might be the worst run franchise in the league."

That has me written all over it.

Actually that wasn't you. You did have some very close calls though but your posts are so short it's hard for them to be full on negative and worthy of mentioning here. 

Possible Contributers:

North, Hots, Dies, NBASupes, Soth, tbhawks, Afro, Alex, Bonkers

You are right on about half of those names. Well done. 

• Like 1