• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What a difference 45 days make. Quotes from the "enlightened" Hawksquawk members

Admin

This team only won 38 games last year and they started off 7-6 this year. I don't think people should feel bad or regret what they said. This team did look like it was heading nowhere until a month and a half ago.

Yes, everyone realistically expected this team to win 20 of 22 games. I mean you'd be crazy to not expect that.

This eyeroll IRL is for you.

Truth.

I called 51 games so I'm good.

I see two quotes from me. Atlanta and Detroit finally found a solution and till ASG is completely removed, we are still the worst ran organization in sports. I still got love for you Gearon, you are cool with me but ya'll didn't do a good job. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

• Premium Member

I loved the way we started to play last year before the Horford injury, and I always went into this year thinking it would take a few months for this team to come together, so I was always a believer of this team. Still, even by my most optimistic standards I had this team pegged as a third seed at best. The way this team has surpassed even the most optimistic fans' hopes is amazing. Story of the NBA hands down.

• Like 1

• Moderators

AHF:

This team was always going to be a few games above .500 this season and out in the first or second round of the playoffs.  I don't see anything to change my view of them 10 games in.  They will get a couple nice wins this season and lose some games they shouldn't.  We weren't a top team when we won 4 in a row and we aren't a bottom feeder now that we have lost a pair of ugly ones.  Being middle of the pack means we will see more streaks like the two of those.

You can't steal my quote, @kg01!  Instead you should have listed it like this:

AHF

iamwithstupid.gif

• Like 1

• Moderators

Not really seeing the purpose of this thread, but I was a fence straddler too and had the Hawks at around 45 wins IIRC. I'm pro-Teague which means I wanted Schröder traded (but I support having two quality PG now), I think Horf at 4 and Sap at 3 would work, I wanted either KK, DMC, or both moved to the bench, a Greg Monroe supporter although his poor shooting and defense scares me, I loved the Thabo and Baze signings, love dumping Lou/Bebe, #IFWT, I have liked Budenholzer since we signed him but I never knew how great he is, and I thought this division would better than it is. Never thought the Hawks would be number 1 seed at any point. And I'm anti-tank (pro-reload), although I like adding fuel to the fire and acting like I'm pro-tank to instigate riot threads. lol

• Like 1

Hilarious.

Now let's do this same exercise for all of those people blasting Jeff Teague during that same time period.

I've already said i was wrong about jeff, and happily so!

Hilarious.

Now let's do this same exercise for all of those people blasting Jeff Teague during that same time period.

It's funny but I'm pretty sure none of the quotes were yours but you're awfully defensive...

I'm sure there's plenty of Teague bashing to find but you won't find me bashing Teague in any posts. You will see me talking about how I thought he was about the 12-15th best PG in the league based on last year but that I had hopes that he would be the playoff Teague during the regular season. 

Not really seeing the purpose of this thread, but I was a fence straddler too and had the Hawks at around 45 wins IIRC. I'm pro-Teague which means I wanted Schröder traded (but I support having two quality PG now), I think Horf at 4 and Sap at 3 would work, I wanted either KK, DMC, or both moved to the bench, a Greg Monroe supporter although his poor shooting and defense scares me, I loved the Thabo and Baze signings, love dumping Lou/Bebe, #IFWT, I have liked Budenholzer since we signed him but I never knew how great he is, and I thought this division would better than it is. Never thought the Hawks would be number 1 seed at any point. And I'm anti-tank (pro-reload), although I like adding fuel to the fire and acting like I'm pro-tank to instigate riot threads. lol

There's no hidden purpose behind it, which is why I didn't include usernames in the quotes. Just thought it would be a fun exercise for some people to learn patience. And again even one of the quotes was from me so there's no agenda here.