• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What a difference 45 days make. Quotes from the "enlightened" Hawksquawk members

Admin

• Premium Member

Honestly I don't have a clue who most of them were. I just read through all the threads over that 2 week period and just picked some really negative quotes. 

I think I found the URL to your random search for the most negative posts early in the season.

http://hawksquawk.net/community/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&mid=1293

Edited by SalvorMallow

I think I found the URL to your random search for the most negative posts early in the season.

http://hawksquawk.net/community/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&mid=1293

Haha no I think there was only a couple by him in there. Y'all can search for the text in the quotes if you really want to know who posted what. 

• Premium Member

I don't understand where we are going either. It is like we have all the pieces of a great car that could win a trophy but we're missing the most important piece: the engine. And in this case the engine is the superstar. We have nice starters and a decent bench...and zero chance of advancing past the first round of the playoffs. Again. This team can't be Spurs East unless we get our own Duncan or some other superstar level talent.

This sounds like me. grin.gif

Though to be fair, if Teague and Millsap can hit big shots, then is this really that far off?  This is why I don't like how people use the words "star" or "superstar."  The point is less about having a "brand name" athlete, and more about having a guy that can make big plays.  That's not just applicable to basketball, that's essentially what sports is all about.  

It's not necessarily about having THE best players, but damn man...you need talent.  Nothing about this team last year, or any previous years, suggested that we had the talent to be this good this soon.  In one season, we went from one game away from the lottery...to the top of the Eastern conference.  Nobody predicted that.  No one on this board had THAT kind of optimism...  Even the biggest homers here expected a good team within the next 2-3 years.  Nobody expected it this fast...except for one cat that I remember lol.  That was @JETSET - that dude boggled my mind with his positivity.  You were right homeslice!  *bows respectfully*

This team only won 38 games last year and they started off 7-6 this year. I don't think people should feel bad or regret what they said. This team did look like it was heading nowhere until a month and a half ago.

...and just quoting Hots for truth.

Edited by Wretch
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

...and just to drive it home a little further, you guys realize that we might have THE best team in the NBA right now.  Since slowly waking up, we have kicked the living crap out of just about everybody.  In their house, in our house...the Hawks have flat out DOMINATED really good teams.

The way they've played, we look like we could win the freakin' Championship.  Boy what I wouldn't give to have a time machine.  I'd go back to the beginning of the season and start a thread:  "What do you think our chances are of winning the 2015 NBA Finals?"

LOL...........yeah.  :)

• Like 3

Though to be fair, if Teague and Millsap can hit big shots, then is this really that far off?  This is why I don't like how people use the words "star" or "superstar."  The point is less about having a "brand name" athlete, and more about having a guy that can make big plays.  That's not just applicable to basketball, that's essentially what sports is all about.  

It's not necessarily about having THE best players, but damn man...you need talent.  Nothing about this team last year, or any previous years, suggested that we had the talent to be this good this soon.  In one season, we went from one game away from the lottery...to the top of the Eastern conference.  Nobody predicted that.  No one on this board had THAT kind of optimism...  Even the biggest homers here expected a good team within the next 2-3 years.  Nobody expected it this fast...except for one cat that I remember lol.  That was @JETSET - that dude boggled my mind with his positivity.  You were right homeslice!  *bows respectfully*

Wrong, not your post. See what I mean, you guys can't even recognize when it is or isn't your own words.  Maybe that should be a sign that more thought and patience should go into hating (or loving) the Hawks. We're never gonna be as bad as the haters said nor are we gonna be as good as the lovers say. 

30938524.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

Wrong, not your post. See what I mean, you guys can't even recognize when it is or isn't your own words.  Maybe that should be a sign that more thought and patience should go into hating (or loving) the Hawks. We're never gonna be as bad as the haters said nor are we gonna be as good as the lovers say. 

30938524.jpg

I didn't read your post but I can already tell : one star post and I"ll stand by that.

• Premium Member

I think that first one you quoted was something I said. And I still stand by it. If this team wins a title without a superstar then it literally will be the only third team in the history of the NBA to do so. Kinda speaks volumes about how miraculous this run has been this season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

30938524.jpg

This is a classic thread though.  I'm loving it.  I tell you what else I love...BEING WRONG!

God almighty...it feels GOOD to be wrong.  I'd rather have mountains of crow to eat than be right about my predictions...   I've waited a long time for this.  Right now, I'm just hoping they don't let me down.

Can you imagine........seeing this team in the Finals.  Honestly, I have no idea how I'd feel about that.

• Like 1

This is a classic thread though.  I'm loving it.  I tell you what else I love...BEING WRONG!

God almighty...it feels GOOD to be wrong.  I'd rather have mountains of crow to eat than be right about my predictions...   I've waited a long time for this.  Right now, I'm just hoping they don't let me down.

Can you imagine........seeing this team in the Finals.  Honestly, I have no idea how I'd feel about that.

Well I hope you get NBA TV cause you know they aren't showing the Hawks in the Finals on national TV! 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I think that first one you quoted was something I said. And I still stand by it. If this team wins a title without a superstar then it literally will be the only third team in the history of the NBA to do so. Kinda speaks volumes about how miraculous this run has been this season.

I want to know what teams have gone from 8th seed to NBA Finals over the course of an off season!

It's not about expecting this win streak. It's called being 13 games into the season and not acting like the world is ending or the season is over. If you think that's justification for these quotes then I don't know what to tell you other than seek counseling immediately. 

It's the same team the Hawks had last year basically.

Moreover, there was the offseason drama and the failure to bring in quality free agents. There were VERY FEW reasons to be optimistic back in early November and before.

Though to be fair, if Teague and Millsap can hit big shots, then is this really that far off? This is why I don't like how people use the words "star" or "superstar." The point is less about having a "brand name" athlete, and more about having a guy that can make big plays. That's not just applicable to basketball, that's essentially what sports is all about.

It's not necessarily about having THE best players, but damn man...you need talent. Nothing about this team last year, or any previous years, suggested that we had the talent to be this good this soon. In one season, we went from one game away from the lottery...to the top of the Eastern conference. Nobody predicted that. No one on this board had THAT kind of optimism... Even the biggest homers here expected a good team within the next 2-3 years. Nobody expected it this fast...except for one cat that I remember lol. That was @JETSET - that dude boggled my mind with his positivity. You were right homeslice! *bows respectfully*

Well lets keep it positive some more. Assuming health, we are coming out of the East this year.

• Like 1

It's funny but I'm pretty sure none of the quotes were yours but you're awfully defensive...

I'm sure there's plenty of Teague bashing to find but you won't find me bashing Teague in any posts. You will see me talking about how I thought he was about the 12-15th best PG in the league based on last year but that I had hopes that he would be the playoff Teague during the regular season.

Not defensive at all. I'm just saying that you could do this same thing with Teague during that time, and get a wide range of opinions .. mostly negative.

• Like 2

Not defensive at all. I'm just saying that you could do this same thing with Teague during that time, and get a wide range of opinions .. mostly negative.

We can do every player on this team...now this would be a really long as thread.  Might contend  for the longest thread ever.