• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The AJC sucks! Pistons game was 1st game we had our journalist at the game

Admin

Everyone is always on Cviv's case on the board , but what if its not his doing for poor coverage? He always seems pretty bright on NBA radio IMO

I don't think C-Viv cares about basketball but I'm sure the problems go higher than him with the AJC. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Brilliant planning on the AJC's part. They were hoping that he would have such a miserable time traveling in the bitter cold and snow that he will just be happy staying in Atlanta for the remainder of the season.

Brilliant planning on the AJC's part. They were hoping that he would have such a miserable time traveling in the bitter cold and snow that he will just be happy staying in Atlanta for the remainder of the season.

Why would that be a good thing? 

Because they won't have to pay for another trip. $$$

I understand the sarcastic side of that but in the long run wouldn't it be better to get more fans interested in the Hawks and in reading about the Hawks via subscriptions to the AJC? 

Unfortunately it's all about the immediate bottom line and I think the AJC is missing that forward thinking.

My mom was an editor there for 30 years and honestly they had a slew of issues with management, etc. The best and the brightest always moved on to bigger and better things.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I understand the sarcastic side of that but in the long run wouldn't it be better to get more fans interested in the Hawks and in reading about the Hawks via subscriptions to the AJC? 

Of course it would be, I just don't have much faith in the AJC to really invest in their own product. I knew it was bad but I didn't realize this was the first time they sent him on the road. You'd think he would have at least traveled to Charlotte or something.

• Like 1

C-viv aint that bad. He is way better than ledbetter for the falcons

C-Viv is far and away the worst the Hawks have had in the last 10 years. He doesn't even seem to like the Hawks. I think someone said he came here to write for the Thrashers (whoever they are) and that he's a hockey guy though.

Unfortunately it's all about the immediate bottom line and I think the AJC is missing that forward thinking.

My mom was an editor there for 30 years and honestly they had a slew of issues with management, etc. The best and the brightest always moved on to bigger and better things.

They are in a free fall as are most other papers. Just can't compete with Internet. But they suck hind tit
  • Like 2

• Moderators

They are in a free fall as are most other papers. Just can't compete with Internet. But they suck hind tit

And they have a pretty clueless strategy.   Their internet offerings have been crap for years and now their most recent revamp is maybe the worst news site on the internet.    

The AJC is notoriously cheap. It is less than surprising that they don't want to spend a few grand every week sending a guy to away games.  With the thousands of online options, who still reads that mess?