• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Some folks at the game are saying that it wasn't a sell out and that some seats were curtained off. That's what some are saying on the teams official facebook page. They shouldn't lie to us about attendance. If it's not a sellout don't tell us that it is.

It looked like a sellout?!!

I didn't see the usual empty seats that you normally see.

However, if they are lying, it's not to us, it's to potential buyers.

• Like 1

Some folks at the game are saying that it wasn't a sell out and that some seats were curtained off. That's what some are saying on the teams official facebook page. They shouldn't lie to us about attendance. If it's not a sellout don't tell us that it is.

Pardon my French, but who gives a turkey?

Most enjoyable game of the season. So many moments.

*Jeff spinning Pierce in a circle before dishing to Horford (I think) for the 3!

*Horford's emphatic block of Pierce as he cried for a foul (really don't like Pierce)

*Korver's behind the back pass the DMC

*Korver's 3 from the parking lot (in Augusta)

*Schröder's walkoff 3

There were many more I know I just forgot. Good game all around and Sap and Teague didn't even have to do much scoring. That's encouraging.

Fixed it for ya...

And I echo Gray Mule's sentiments here. Anyone who is still poo-pooing the Hawks at this point are 1) not Hawks fans (see John Wall, Lebron, or Derrick Rose jock-riders), 2) hates Atlanta (98.9999% of national media plus Terence Moore), and 3) can kiss the broad side of my, well, I'll leave that to your imagination.

As of right now, this has been the most enjoyable stretch of basketball I've ever seen them play and I've been a fan since the late-'70s. Unlike the Nique era, no one in the starting lineup is scared (or not capable) of shooting the ball when open. Unlike the Smitty/Mookie/Deke/Laettner teams, they have a bench who can maintain and, get this, extend a lead. And unlike the Iso-Joe/Osh days, they have an actual heartbeat. More times than not, I've seen this squad get off the mat when an opponent starts the game red hot. Could you say the same thing about the Iso-Joe squad that got curbstomped by the Magic in the playoffs?

This team knows it doesn't have the cache or the star power of the other 'contenders'; something I and countless others on this board have decried about the team lacking for years. The difference is that they don't care about such things and play like it. And the most fearsome opponent to face is one that just doesn't care what others think of them...ask any military unit...or any member of the Washington Wizards...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 4

• Moderators

Man so much was made at the beginning of the year about us getting abused by teams with 'bigs' like Nene and Gortat.   BS.   Not only did we out rebound the wiz but those guys did squat.   Gortat is one of my least favorite players amongst the ones that some hawks fans have clamored for.   Nothing against the guy but i'll take horford as our starting center everyday of the week.

• Like 1

Man so much was made at the beginning of the year about us getting abused by teams with 'bigs' like Nene and Gortat. BS. Not only did we out rebound the wiz but those guys did squat. Gortat is one of my least favorite players amongst the ones that some hawks fans have clamored for. Nothing against the guy but i'll take horford as our starting center everyday of the week.

Yeah their front line is quite overrated. Measurables aside, only the Bull's front line might be hungrier, and I have my doubts about Pau, although that last game he beasted was impressive. 40 and 17 or some crazy sh&t.

Pardon my French, but who gives a turkey?

People that don't like being lied to and bullshitted. Which is what they're doing when they tells us the games are sellouts when the seats are empty.

Naturally, people still laugh at the crowds and when you (incorrectly) inform them that the Hawks have been selling out games recently it makes you look like you're a lier. 

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Man so much was made at the beginning of the year about us getting abused by teams with 'bigs' like Nene and Gortat.   BS.   Not only did we out rebound the wiz but those guys did squat.   Gortat is one of my least favorite players amongst the ones that some hawks fans have clamored for.   Nothing against the guy but i'll take horford as our starting center everyday of the week.

We'll see what happens in the playoffs, but it seems like Wall and Beal like to hog the spotlight too much.

B7GevrEIQAAtF6L.jpg

Coaches expression when Kyle hits a 3.

They think he is a machine

B7F0RmDCEAAQRoK.png

Yeah, it's the classic "we drilled these guys and did all the gameplanning we could possibly do, yet he still gets whatever he wants." To have a whole bench full of coaches out of answers is unprecedented.

I guarantee you Kyle couldn't get a lick of sleep obsessing over his field goal percentage dipping under 50. We might see his game go up yet another level, or see him stop talking so many non-threes. He's been caught late in the clock in no-man's land fo him a little too much this season. He blew a layup that probably would have had him right at .500, but he was much more pissed at the missed free throw.

If he manages the season-long 50/50/90, he should get a key to the city for life and at least a wall in the Hall.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Seeing someone as reserved and very "by the book" as Kyle throw that behind the back really threw me for a loop!

The guy plays hard and never tries to make a highlight worthy play like that.  This was probably the most fun game of the season for me.  Hawks seemed so loose out there and made play after play with hardly any lulls.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Seeing someone as reserved and very "by the book" as Kyle throw that behind the back really threw me for a loop!

The guy plays hard and never tries to make a highlight worthy play like that.  This was probably the most fun game of the season for me.  Hawks seemed so loose out there and made play after play with hardly any lulls.

Not complaining but I think Kyle has way more game than anyone knows.   Lately he's had a few drives to the hoop, some nice finger rolls.   I think he likes shooting so much that he doesn't do much else on the offensive end but he obviously can.   

Not complaining but I think Kyle has way more game than anyone knows. Lately he's had a few drives to the hoop, some nice finger rolls. I think he likes shooting so much that he doesn't do much else on the offensive end but he obviously can.

The only thing Kyle says he doesn't like doing is dribbling.

• Moderators

The chat heads are undefeated, we need more. 

@macdaddy suggested Sir Foster and Ryan Cameron.  Might as well throw Harry and SkyHawk in the mix.

Get on it @PSSSHHHRRR87

The problem with the chat heads is they take up so much room in the emoji window.  I like the idea of adding Harry and Sir Foster tho.