• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards

lethalweapon3

Fellow Spurs fan here. Not saying we're better than last year's Spurs, but a little more explosive maybe, on both ends?

In a short, novice opinion, we try to manufacture what Tim and Manu do with multiple players and a few strategic innovations depending on the matchup from Bud. Outside of that, exact replica?

more younger too lol, but it's refreshing to see another team besides the Spurs that really play for each other, not rely on one guy.  You gotta give credit to the Hawks players not just Coach Bud and Danny Ferry. These guys really work hard, and put a lot of effort every game, they play amazing defense! they have great team chemistry! and they really enjoy playing for each other!

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
  • Like 3

Haha, didn't someone mention that our former Hawks brethren Excusodus moved on to be a fan of the Wizards? Good riddance, I hope he's a part of those complainers that benhill is talking about.

Excuse my absolutely pathetic puns, but I'm glad the Hawks are taking a page out of Fred Durst's playbook and keep...

Haha, didn't someone mention that our former Hawks brethren Excusodus moved on to be a fan of the Wizards? Good riddance, I hope he's a part of those complainers that benhill is talking about.

Excuse my absolutely pathetic puns, but I'm glad the Hawks are taking a page out of Fred Durst's playbook and keep...

I used to roast that dude on Joe and he got mad as hell once Dol had to warn him. Wizards fan? Makes sense!

• Premium Member

Lots of kudos to hand out in today's game. I'll start with Thabo since someone thinks I don't like him. He's really been playing well lately and I hope this continues. He had a very good game with 9 points and  8 boards in only 20 minutes played.

I also wonder if Exodus is going to come back here as a Hawks fan after that beat down we gave the Wiz...

• Like 1

I used to roast that dude on Joe and he got mad as hell once Dol had to warn him. Wizards fan? Makes sense!

He was someone who was more interested in picking fights on really stupid topics and twisting around your words as well as changing his position throughout the argument. A master at semantics, I often thought of him as some sort of a lobbyist.

So Wizards fan fits him perfectly. He probably hasn't posted on here in 2 or 3 years but is still one of the top all-time posters from a # count. Never once did he ever think of donating either. Just a f***ing leach. He didn't bring anything to the table except funny pictures.

As some of you may remember, I have lived in DC for about 3 years after living in GA for 20+. One of my work colleagues is a big Wizards fan...he's gonna get so much hell about our win tomorrow.

He's a good guy, he respects what the Hawks are doing this year.

• Like 2

You are a prophet. Great call!

Thank you brother, I try. Should've called triple-double digits, though!

I'd love to be a fly on the wall and hear Bud address the team after that one. This may be the first time he's truly impressed, but he won't let them know it.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

lol Korver was so mad he missed his FT in that halftime interview. Great win!

"Doggone-it!"

• Like 2

That was an awesome win. Just in case there was any question about how we compare to the Wiz since Beal was coming off an injury and Nene was out last time... well, question answered!

Kyle with a driving layup and a behind the back pass??? What's gotten into this guy? I friggin love it!

Love the fact that when our reserves come in it's the same intensity level. Even Moose and (apparently discarded) Shelvin looked really good in their limited minutes. Stuck with the system, played hard defense, shared the ball, and kicked some a$$!

I even heard some very positive comments on BSPN. What on earth is happening???

Edited by LamarHampton

Most enjoyable game of the season. So many moments.

*Jeff spinning Pierce in a circle before dishing to Horford (I think) for the 3!

*Horford's emphatic block of Pierce as he cried for a foul (really don't like Pierce)

*Korver's behind the back pass the DMC

*Korver's 3 from the parking lot

*Schröder's walkoff 3

There were many more I know I just forgot. Good game all around and Sap and Teague didn't even have to do much scoring. That's encouraging.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
  • Like 3

I'm still smiling over this one.

Any one who can't get excited about this team isn't really a Hawk fan.

But, we all know.  Hawks haven't really played any one yet.  Gee.  Wonder

when that is going to happen??

Then, there is the fact that Atlanta just squeaked by the Pistons.  Gotta remember,

Unlike some teams, Detroit put up a real fight to the end.  They are good!

If I'm dreaming, don't awaken me.  Let me dream on.  Last night at church,

I mentioned that the Hawks were firmly in first place.  "That's a real shocker

to find any team from Atlanta in first place."  Well, they are!

GO ATL HAWKS !

Next:  The 76ers, who are 4-6 in their last ten.  They can be dangerous.  If we

gotta lose a game, I'd much rather lose to them than one of those teams

right behind us - Toronto, Washington and Chicago.

stinker.gif