Bob Rathbun

volman

Biggest thing that defines Bob in my opinion is that he actually does preparation for broadcasts and HE UNDERSTANDS THE RULES!

If you listen to other broadcasters as I have to do for the road games, you quickly realize that most play by play guys have no clue on the NBA rules. It's even worse for national broadcasts. Say what you will about his homerisms, but the guy can actually tell you when mandatory timeouts occur and what plays are reviewable.

I wouldn't call him a bitch... Little harsh. Why follow him in the first place?

I wasn't being overly serious. I have no hate for him. I just find it silly of him to do so. The tweet wasn't even a slam against him

This was back during the free agency period when we where all waiting for some big free agent signing.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I wasn't being overly serious. I have no hate for him. I just find it silly of him to do so. The tweet wasn't even a slam against him

This was back during the free agency period when we where all waiting for some big free agent signing.

Cool... I prolly read it wrong...

I thought this was a thread about the thong comment he made during the Pistons game. Boy, was i disappointed.

But yeah, i like Bob, too. He does seem to do his research and know the rules. It's also nice to have someone throw in an intelligent comment between Nique`s "Oh, that's not a good shot there" remarks. Nothing against Bob, but Steve Holman is the man though. That guy makes listening to a game on the radio fun, which isn't easy to do.

• Moderators

Bob is probably my favorite broadcaster.   The dude is just top notch and more prepared than anyone in the business.   Yeah he used to do the Braves and I thought he was good at that.   But he is also doing wnba, mens and womens ncaa hoops.  Where he finds the time to stay current on everything I don't know.  But he obviously is a hawks fan through and through.   He and Steve Holman are probably the best tv/radio combo in the nba.

Bob and Nique are so over the top with their homerism that it just RULES. 

Not sure if anyone notices, but when the camera catches him, he actively does fist pumps when the Hawks score. He is reaching Heinsohn levels of homertasticness!