• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's early but... Is Bud a better coach than Pop?

Admin

We've played and beaten almost all of those teams, many of them in their house, in December and January. In fact we have zero losses against any of those teams. 

I don't know if you understand 11 games in 16 days vs all great teams when we are heavily depleted with injuries is insane. 

I'm not talking about beaten those things with a healthy team in a reasonable amount of time. 

I don't know if you understand 11 games in 16 days vs all great teams when we are heavily depleted with injuries is insane.

I'm not talking about beaten those things with a healthy team in a reasonable amount of time.

Injuries? Injuries, how dare you mention injuries here, we had our fill last year and nobody cared not even some of our own fans :-(.

Injuries? Injuries, how dare you mention injuries here, we had our fill last year and nobody cared not even some of our own fans :-(.

During the offseason I said the hawks were a good team and losing Al was a huge setback and they had a good record with him and they kept saying the hawks were barely ahead of anyone and I cosigned all the moves and I'm not even a hawks fan. I do cheer for ya though. 

Pretty much. I'm just debating that in no shape or form can someone say Bud is better than Pop. Not even Bud can.

I still think is a top 3 coach though.

I agree with that , but I will say this , Bud will be the guy to take that title from Pop

Pretty much. I'm just debating that in no shape or form can someone say Bud is better than Pop. Not even Bud can. 

I still think is a top 3 coach though. 

And that's fine but you're not going to get everyone here to agree with you. And I see nothing wrong with a healthy debate about it, especially considering that for the past 8 years or whatever Pop had considered Bud to be co-head coach with him. 

whoa whoa! Can we let the man win a playoff series first? I love Bud. Wouldn't trade him for the world, but Pop has multiple rings. Bud has one losing season, a great season so far, and a playoff loss. Even Bud would say ease up my man.

I know right. I'm starting to apply "What would Bud Do?" to my everyday life. In response to this question, Bud would sigh, look at the floor, and say "no more questions guys, thanks."
  • Like 2

I know right. I'm starting to apply "What would Bud Do?" to my everyday life. In response to this question, Bud would sigh, look at the floor, and say "no more questions guys, thanks."

Bitter Bud face applies here

• Like 3

I don't mind some of you guys taking your time to come to the conclusion that Bud is better than or at least equal to Pop. Just like it took you guys a while to come around on Pero, on Schröder, on DMC, on Thabo, on Korver etc. etc. etc. You'll get there and then you'll come back and say "Damn, The Don was right". 

I don't mind some of you guys taking your time to come to the conclusion that Bud is better than or at least equal to Pop. Just like it took you guys a while to come around on Pero, on Schröder, on DMC, on Thabo, on Korver etc. etc. etc. You'll get there and then you'll come back and say "Damn, The Don was right". 

Maybe some day, but not today. laugh.png laugh.png

I think most are already there, but it takes playoff success to make this a real argument. But I'm not afraid to say it: Coach Bud will be seen as a better coach than Pop in 5 years.
  • Like 1