• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Unassuming, Unknown Superstar Status of Al Horford

I was talking to Supes, though. Your schtick is the silly overreacting after losses right? Stick to that.

I wasn't really talking to you. I was having a chuckle over his claim and I just so happen to quote you because you were the latest poster in the thread. Don't worry, you're not engaging enough for me to really bother with that much. So calm down.

I wasn't really talking to you. I was having a chuckle over his claim and I just so happen to quote you because you were the latest poster in the thread. Don't worry, you're not engaging enough for me to really bother with that much. So calm down.

This guy.
  • Like 1

You gonna give Sap his due when its all said and done. You may have heard he's the only player in the league with his Basic 5 Stat line. You act as if being a hybrid 3/4 is a bad thing, you can't name another one in the league, let alone an AS-caliber one (don't even think Melo). I think that qualifies as having a very plentiful skill set. I wouldn't fight you till the death over it like Dol, though. You hate Sap, we get it. I'll side with the coaches who view him a matchup nightmare.

Terrible stuff bro. I really like Sap, he's a good player. In the same lane as prime Boozer and prime David West. He's not on the level of Leonard or Horford. Those are very good talents who have elite traits. Sap an all around scoring game on offense and I like his hands on defense. I like his game. Always have and always will. Saying I hate him because I think it's foolish to mention him in the same breath with Horford or Leonard on versatility much less talent is foolish to me and makes me look at you like a fool or someone who doesn't understand Basketball to me.

Not sure why you mentioned Melo. We all have our quips with Melo.  I still like Melo. Underrated player at the moment. He is a lot more effective than many people give him credit for. 

A 14/6 player is better than the NBA's all time leading scorer.... lol. funny stuff.

Kareem is better than anyone so clearly not him but Karl? Yeah, he's better than Karl. Bring a ton of Basketball tape of both players and I can easily prove it. Horford is severely underrated because he doesn't put up those numbers but anyone who really understands the game, knows Horford is one of the best players in the NBA. I been saying this for years. This isn't anything new and everyone here knows my opinion on it. Ask AHF. He knows my take. Dolf. You. You know it better than anyone here. If you can't see it, I don't know what else to say. 

Terrible stuff bro. I really like Sap, he's a good player. In the same lane as prime Boozer and prime David West. He's not on the level of Leonard or Horford. Those are very good talents who have elite traits. Sap an all around scoring game on offense and I like his hands on defense. I like his game. Always have and always will. Saying I hate him because I think it's foolish to mention him in the same breath with Horford or Leonard on versatility much less talent is foolish to me and makes me look at you like a fool or someone who doesn't understand Basketball to me.

Not sure why you mentioned Melo. We all have our quips with Melo.  I still like Melo. Underrated player at the moment. He is a lot more effective than many people give him credit for. 

Kareem is better than anyone so clearly not him but Karl? Yeah, he's better than Karl. Bring a ton of Basketball tape of both players and I can easily prove it. Horford is severely underrated because he doesn't put up those numbers but anyone who really understands the game, knows Horford is one of the best players in the NBA. I been saying this for years. This isn't anything new and everyone here knows my opinion on it. Ask AHF. He knows my take. Dolf. You. You know it better than anyone here. If you can't see it, I don't know what else to say. 

Dude... If this guy was as important as you say they would have sunk without him a few years ago.

Horford is not close to being the 27/11/4 player that Malone was. Malone was a more way more tougher player than Al is also.

Dude is a 6'10 guy averaging 6 rebounds per game.

• Like 2

Dude... If this guy was as important as you say they would have sunk without him a few years ago.

Horford is not close to being the 27/11/4 player that Malone was. Malone was a more way more tougher player than Al is also.

If you don't understand, then I can't help you. The end. I would love to have a phone convo on this but back and fore on a message board isn't appealing to me right now. 

• Premium Member

I don't think Horford is as good as Malone (sorry supes) but the rebounding is something you can't knock Horford for. He's being used on the perimeter and on weak side support which is severely hurting his chances to get rebounds. When he doesn't have to do this his rebound totals are fine.

• Like 1

If you don't understand, then I can't help you. The end. I would love to have a phone convo on this but back and fore on a message board isn't appealing to me right now. 

Dude... You're probably the only one in the world that believes this.

It's cool to be a fan of a player... Or even think a player is underrated. But Al is not one of the greatest players of all time. 

It's cool to be a fan of a player... Or even think a player is underrated. But Al is not one of the greatest players of all time. 

I think more would agree with me then you think, at least the ones that matter. 

I love Al, and from a skill perspective you can argue that he can do more things on the court than Malone, but that does not qualify him as a better overall player. Malone is a Hall of Famer, the NBAs leading scorer and at 6'10 260 was a dominating big man during an era where there were several HOF and dominate bigs playing in their prime's against him night in and night out. Al is great but he cannot touch any of those attributes at the moment Im sorry.

And since when did Leonard become this elite player? Yes, he has game but c'mon. I can appreciate the value players like he and Horf bring to their teams and how versatile their skillsets are compared to others but you cannot just throw their names out there like they are head and shoulders above EQUALLY talented guys like Millsap. Sorry but Im not sorry. We all have favorite players but that doesnt make them any better than they are in reality.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1

I love Al as a player but agreed it's ridiculous to talk about him in comparison with Malone. Always has been, always will be. I can't believe this comparison gets brought up over and over and over. 

I love Al, and from a skill perspective you can argue that he can do more things on the court than Malone, but that does not qualify him as a better overall player. Malone is a Hall of Famer, the NBAs leading scorer and at 6'10 260 was a dominating big man during an era where there were several HOF and dominate bigs playing in their prime's against him night in and night out. Al is great but he cannot touch any of those attributes at the moment Im sorry.

And since when did Leonard become this elite player? Yes, he has game but c'mon. I can appreciate the value players like he and Horf bring to their teams and how versatile their skillsets are compared to others but you cannot just throw their names out there like they are head and shoulders above EQUALLY talented guys like Millsap. Sorry but Im not sorry. We all have favorite players but that doesnt make them any better than they are in reality.

He is clearly better than Sap. Sap is basically the same player he was in Utah but with a three point range now. Horford does so much to save Sap and makes him look so much better than you actually think he is. He's a good player. In the same tier with prime David West and Boozer. Horford is a legit superstar especially with the way we are using him now. 

He can do more things from a skill perspective and he makes more WINNING plays than Malone. I love Malone but he is a prime example of system player. So many get blinded when his name is mentioned, logic goes out the window. Posters like Hots want Horf to be selfish and stat minded but Horford isn't. He simple all about that W. We finally have a system and some of the personnel to do so. Malone is clearly better stat-wise. No argument there. 

@Sothron, you know how I feel about Horf. You remember me tell you Horford is much better than Kevin Love. You remember that. 

All love to Coach Bud. He changed it up. Last year, he was using Al to be Tim Duncan 2.0 with mixed results, sure Al's stats looked good but we didn't play as well as we should have. Now, we are using his strengths and building around Al on offense and defense. That's all I have been asking for, for the last five seasons. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

...Terrible stuff bro... is foolish to me and makes me look at you like a fool or someone who doesn't understand Basketball to me.

I respect your posts, man. Don't clown around. Me a fool? That'll be the day. I see your likes on my posts pop up regularly. Do you drink a lot and spazz out or have split personalities?

I could've took you to task for putting KD in a class of All-NBA-level defenders but was it worth it? You agreed with me on my original thought of Tim and Kawhi but I'm a fool for putting Sap in? Everyone who doesn't agreed with you down to the letter is foolish? Not being able to debate without insults shows a lack of character. You don't have to be a pseudo basketball elitist, you f$&kin up the utopian vibe all Hawks fans should be feeling. And you still failed to name a hybrid 3/4.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

Horf is underrated because of his unselfishness on the court and his unassuming humble attitude outside of the court. The story about how he told Doc Rivers to go ahead and play the other guys during his first All Star game is emblematic of Al. Now, pairing Al with a coach lik Bud has resulted in match made in heaven; the way both of these guys have transmited their unselfish no non-sense attitude towards playing winning team basketball to the rest of the team is amazing to see. It's the type of stuff that doesn't show up in the box score but is far more valueable than a few extra points and rebounds.

• Like 2