• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blogtable: Why doubt the Hawks?

Admin

• Moderators

Nice!  I'd say that Teague has shown the ability to raise his level of play come playoff time.   Not just last year but even going back to that Bulls series.   I think he'll be our big game guy who gives the other team fits come playoff time.   

Still not convinced on the Bulls.  It's not like they are doing anything this year that they haven't done every year that Thibs has been there.  And every year they fall short because they are creaky.  And they are more creaky this year than ever.   And what have they done lately to deserve this extra consideration.   If anything their recent past should be dogging them as a regular season contender only. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Not buying that Bulls will be there at the end of this season either. Butler is already showing a lot of fatigue and Thibs is playing the guy 40mpg with no rest.  Gasol and Noah play heavy minutes whenever available, I think by the end of this season the Bulls may be running on fumes at this rate. 

Not buying that Bulls will be there at the end of this season either. Butler is already showing a lot of fatigue and Thibs is playing the guy 40mpg with no rest. Gasol and Noah play heavy minutes whenever available, I think by the end of this season the Bulls may be running on fumes at this rate.

Yep, exactly this.

Not buying that Bulls will be there at the end of this season either. Butler is already showing a lot of fatigue and Thibs is playing the guy 40mpg with no rest.  Gasol and Noah play heavy minutes whenever available, I think by the end of this season the Bulls may be running on fumes at this rate. 

I was one that crowned the Bulls as the class of the East as well.  On paper, they are that but in reality they're the walking wounded and it's not even midseason yet.  As you said, Butler is being run into the ground Deng-style.  Noah needs surgery on ... something.  He's not healthy and won't likely be healthy at any point this season with Thibs' obsession with over-playing guys.

His inability to manage guys' minutes appropriately is legendary.  They were getting blowed out by somebody and Butler had like 40 minutes.  I just shook my head.  Ridiculous.

• Moderators

I was one that crowned the Bulls as the class of the East as well.  On paper, they are that but in reality they're the walking wounded and it's not even midseason yet.  As you said, Butler is being run into the ground Deng-style.  Noah needs surgery on ... something.  He's not healthy and won't likely be healthy at any point this season with Thibs' obsession with over-playing guys.

His inability to manage guys' minutes appropriately is legendary.  They were getting blowed out by somebody and Butler had like 40 minutes.  I just shook my head.  Ridiculous.

In their last game against Orlando.  Butler played 45 minutes and they lost.   

They have the best record (9-3), the best offense (107.4 points per 100 possessions) and the second best defense (101.4) in games played between the league’s 12 best teams (the top 4 in the East, the top 8 in the West). Overall, they’re one of two teams that ranks in the top six on both ends of the floor, and they’ve played a tougher schedule than the other one (Golden State).

Those are the stats to look at. The Hawks have performed the best against the best. Can't wait for the weekend. 

• Like 1

The Hawks style of basketball should actually be viewed as a positive the longer the season progresses. For one the team plays a consistent type of D, where outside of a few positions, an injured player wouldnt mean a big drop-off. And that being said, the Hawks bench has been growing real deep this year and really knowing what roles to play.

Also with this team oriented basketball its really like the individuals fear less. You can see that the Hawks have been outplayed quite some early quarters, but are the best 4th quarter team(still, I think). This shows they dont panic and give up, and are just like a stoic juggernaut continuing their game. That could also translate into play-off clutch, which is indeed always a story of its own.

• Like 3

Nice! I'd say that Teague has shown the ability to raise his level of play come playoff time. Not just last year but even going back to that Bulls series. I think he'll be our big game guy who gives the other team fits come playoff time.

Still not convinced on the Bulls. It's not like they are doing anything this year that they haven't done every year that Thibs has been there. And every year they fall short because they are creaky. And they are more creaky this year than ever. And what have they done lately to deserve this extra consideration. If anything their recent past should be dogging them as a regular season contender only.

A lot of time a the one has to raise his level of play because he is that guy, the max guy and the rest of his teammates sucks. We don't have that issue.

But like you said, Teague is our guy. They just haven't been playing close enough attention.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Nice!  I'd say that Teague has shown the ability to raise his level of play come playoff time.   Not just last year but even going back to that Bulls series.   I think he'll be our big game guy who gives the other team fits come playoff time.   

Still not convinced on the Bulls.  It's not like they are doing anything this year that they haven't done every year that Thibs has been there.  And every year they fall short because they are creaky.  And they are more creaky this year than ever.   And what have they done lately to deserve this extra consideration.   If anything their recent past should be dogging them as a regular season contender only. 

Also, Butler has been playing like crap recently.... The heavy minutes might be taking their toll... Or maybe he is coming back down to earth a bit.