• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Durant calls Atlanta fans bandwagoners...

volman

And we wonder why the rest of the country thinks that Atlanta fans suck!

Dude... I've been going to a lot of fan forums since this run began and I've noticed that most of the posters don't blindly support whatever the team does. Even fans of the good teams the Hawks beat bash their own team. The fans on other forums are not much different than what we have on here.

• Premium Member

Dude... I've been going to a lot of fan forums since this run began and I've noticed that most of the posters don't blindly support whatever the team does. Even fans of the good teams the Hawks beat bash their own team. The fans on other forums are not much different than what we have on here.

All I am saying is if you don't support what the team had done this off season, Its fine...If you don't like the team, you don't like the team which means that you are just not a fan of this particular team or GM.  And I think that you even stated this before the season.  If that is your stance...It is your stance period.  No problem!  But if you then change your stance because the team starts winning then you are jumping on the band wagon plain and simple!  Easy concept to understand.

Edited by Peoriabird

All I am saying is if you don't support what the team had done this off season, Its fine...If you don't like the team, you don't like the team which means that you are just not a fan of this particular team or GM.  And I think that you even stated this before the season.  If that is your stance...It is your stance period.  No problem!  But if you then change your stance because the team starts winning then you are jumping on the band wagon plain and simple!  Easy concept to understand.

I predicted a 45-37 record. I was upset that Ferry was unable to land a big name player in the offseason, but I didn't have strong feelings one way or the other when the season started. I'm somewhat excited, but there are still question marks. I'm not a blind fan and I never will be.

Honestly, there has been a lot of drama and letdowns with this team. I don't think it's really fair to call people bandwagon fans that have been here throughout the years. Especially when the city has basically disowned the team since 1994. It takes a lot to still even follow the team after all the stuff that has gone on. 

I just simply can't agree with you here.

• Like 3

While I understand Peoria's underlying sentiments to an extent, I think this is the wrong angle to take here. Squawkers are not bandwagon fans of the team per se. These particular Squawkers are just bandwagon accepters of Danny Ferry and his plan. Instead of being toted "The Miserable Ones" they can now be toted "The Slightly Less Miserable Ones".

• Premium Member

STOP attacking and calling out our new members or you'll be gone. I'm tired of your attitude and let it go on for too long as it is.

Attitude?  I'm just expressing my opinion just like everyone else but some how my opinion represents an attitude and others just their opinion?  Posters have use terms like Ignorant and stupid but since you agree with them its O.K.  Aren't we being a little bias here?  My only point is that there were many here that clearly did not like the team or the players and expressed it countless number of times last year and this year but changes their minds after the team that they did not like started winning.

• Premium Member

As others have said a bandwagon fan really is one that jumps on and is all about the team once they start winning. Think of the local Atlanta guy who liked the Bulls, then the Lakers, then Miami and now is undecided so they become a Hawks fan (until the league has another dominant team).

You also have some bandwagon fans that aren't as extreme that claim to be a Hawks fan when you talk to them but they probably think Bibby is our PG. Those people are now showing up to games and acting like they are all about the Hawks.

Either way, we need people in Philips rooting for the Hawks. I don't care how they came about it, if they are there cheering on the Hawks they are good with me! Every good team has bandwagon fans and every good team needs those fans.

• Like 2

Either way, we need people in Philips rooting for the Hawks. I don't care how they came about it, if they are there cheering on the Hawks they are good with me! Every good team has bandwagon fans and every good team needs those fans.

This and I will add, despite Atlanta being a football city/region; two seasons ago once the playoffs were not a reality, the Falcons did not sell out their home games either. 

Edited by Buzzard

This is media 101 and y'all are falling for it when non traditional team becomes legit they attack the fans they did it with Miami and they're starting to do it with Washington and Toronto too.

As long as Philips is rocking and supporting the Hawks idgaf what people call it

Edited by Pacman21
  • Like 1

Definitely hit the point recently where I don't give a f*** what anyone mentions about Atlanta. Could not care less because I'm having a hell of a time with seeing all these wins.

But good for Kevin Durand, he should be proud of himself for getting quoted in a newspaper.

• Premium Member

Stop it guys.  We all know Atlanta has piss-poor fan support for anything not football.  Don't get all defensive about the truth.