• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any talk of Brooklyn and the draft trade swap are moved here

Admin

I think that's just for playoff seeding. Unless it just changed, I think it just comes down to a coin flip. They did four of them last year.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/04/18/ties-broken-2014-draft-order-official-release/

If it's just like last year, and if the Nets and Pacers both win, then the Jazz would need to win to avoid a coin flip with the Nets, although that's something I'm sure they won't mind.

Continued thanks to Quin and his guys for refusing to tank!

~lw3

Thanks...oh crap I knew it was the flip...ok we want Jazz again...thanks lw3.

• Moderators

@lethalweapon3

Is all my incoherent babbling correct?

If not then help me out here I'm drowning...:-(

I'm gonna need an aspirin tonight.

You should have heard the justifiable fussing around here late last night: "Why are you screaming at the TV? I thought this was an off-night!" And that was just for one game!

~lw3

• Moderators

Magic Watch: LET'S GOOOOOOO...

Wig Out!

~lw3

You should have heard the justifiable fussing around here late last night: "Why are you screaming at the TV? I thought this was an off-night!" And that was just for one game!

~lw3

Was my gf at your house too?....:-/

~lw3

I had to postpone going out to dinner from last night to Thursday night.....I said I'm all urs for Thursday and Friday...(haven't told her I am disappearing Sat/Sun for 16-18 hours...) Edited by Spud2Nique

• Moderators

So lemme get this right...tonight we are rooting for:

Hornets>Raps

Bulls>Hawks

Jazz>Rockets (so jazz secure extra win over nets) or Rockets>Jazz(to guarantee Memphis has nothing to play for)?

Spurs>Pelicans (so Memphis has nothing to play for)

Magic>Nets

Knicks>Pistons

Heat>Sixers

Pacers>Grizz

Is that all right?

While we'll take Magic>Nets at any time, a few of these others are chronological.

Spurs>Pels (preferred) or Rockets>Jazz (both tips @ 8 PM) has to happen first, so Memphis won't mind Pacers>Grizzlies (9:30 PM).

76ers and Knicks tip off at the same time (8 PM), but I'd like the heat>Sixers game to finish first, so the Knicks (on the floor) can be inspired by the chance not to finish last in the East, thus Knicks>Pistons. It depends on how you look at it, I suppose. You might want Knicks>Pistons to happen first, so the Sixers (losers of nine straight) can pull the rip cord on their efforts against Miami.

I think Bulls-Hawks is a wash, just don't want any more injuries on our side in that one. With apologies to the 5-8 seeds, if you like the prospect of Bulls-Cavs in the second round over Raps-Cavs (or, if you like Raps-Hawks better than Bulls-Hawks), then definitely pull for Bulls>Hawks (tip @ 8 PM), BUT Raps>Hornets (tip @ 7 PM) has to happen first. If the Raps screw up and lose, the 3 and 4 seeds will be set in stone.

~lw3

• Like 1

While we'll take Magic>Nets at any time, a few of these others are chronological.

Spurs>Pels (preferred) or Rockets>Jazz (both tips @ 8 PM) has to happen first, so Memphis won't mind Pacers>Grizzlies (9:30 PM).

76ers and Knicks tip off at the same time (8 PM), but I'd like the heat>Sixers game to finish first, so the Knicks (on the floor) can be inspired by the chance not to finish last in the East, thus Knicks>Pistons. It depends on how you look at it, I suppose. You might want Knicks>Pistons to happen first, so the Sixers (losers of nine straight) can pull the rip cord on their efforts against Miami.

I think Bulls-Hawks is a wash, just don't want any more injuries on our side in that one. With apologies to the 5-8 seeds, if you like the prospect of Bulls-Cavs in the second round over Raps-Cavs (or, if you like Raps-Hawks better than Bulls-Hawks), then definitely pull for Bulls>Hawks (tip @ 8 PM), BUT Raps>Hornets (tip @ 7 PM) has to happen first. If the Raps screw up and lose, the 3 and 4 seeds will be set in stone.

~lw3

Got it!

In my mind, it even goes further with the outcome of the Spurs, Rockets and Grizz with my hatred of the Warriors. I want either the Grizz to be in the 4-5 bracket or the Spurs but not both. If I had my choice I'd want the Grizz in the 4-5 bracket and the Spurs in the 2-3 bracket so that the Grizz would get the Warriors in round 2 and the Spurs would get the Warriors in round 3, making the road to the finals nearly impossible for GS. I just don't want Mem and Spurs to lock horns in round 2.

However, if any of this coincides with the benefit for the Hawks draft pick or any benefits for the Hawks, then I don't want it to happen because obviously my love for the Hawks trounces my hatred for the Warriors.

• Premium Member

I think that's just for playoff seeding. Unless it just changed, I think it just comes down to a coin flip "random drawings" . They did four of them last year.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/04/18/ties-broken-2014-draft-order-official-release/

If it's just like last year, and if the Nets and Pacers both win, then the Jazz would need to win to avoid a coin flip "random drawings" with the Nets, although that's something I'm sure they won't mind.

Continued thanks to Quin and his guys for refusing to tank!

~lw3

That was useful. Thanks!

Random drawings, eh... ph34r.png

Quin surely thinks it's possible to get the Jazz to follow the Hawks. Kudos. Tanking is for losers.

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 2

The most intriguing game to me tonight is the Heat/Sixers. So the Heat get to keep the pick if it's top 10, they are at 10 now. If they win and Nets lose, the Heat sit at #11 and turn it over to the Sixers. There's irony and some comedy tonight in the way both the Heat and Sixers will try and lose this one.

Final score prediction

Heat 57

Sixers 56

In triple OT

I want that pick!!!

Me too... I love going up from #15 pick to #10 or #11 but to me it's more about our representation at the lottery. I'd really want Ferry there since he orchestrated the trade, but most likely it'll be Bud or one of the players. One thing is for sure, it won't be Nick Gilbert. Although that kid is so lucky at the draft lottery maybe he should represent us :-)

Dear basketball Gods,

Please help us get that pick tonight. If you make this happen we will forget all the stuff that happened before.(Nique trade, Rider acquisition, Celtic losses, Thabo police brutality(maybe)).

Me too... I love going up from #15 pick to #10 or #11 but to me it's more about our representation at the lottery. I'd really want Ferry there since he orchestrated the trade, but most likely it'll be Bud or one of the players. One thing is for sure, it won't be Nick Gilbert. Although that kid is so lucky at the draft lottery maybe he should represent us :-)

Dear basketball Gods,

Please help us get that pick tonight. If you make this happen we will forget all the stuff that happened before.(Nique trade, Rider acquisition, Celtic losses, Thabo police brutality(maybe)).

Stevie K will probably be the representative.

• Moderators

I'd really want Ferry there since he orchestrated the trade, but most likely it'll be Bud or one of the players.

I'm hoping they'll be, ummm, "busy" that day. Worldwide Wes Wilcox (or, better yet, Koonin) would do fine!

~lw3

• Moderators

Magic Watch:

Boo! Not the end of the world though!

Can we have it at Barclays this summer, too?

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3