• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Question: 21 game win Streak or beat GSW

Which would you prefer?
Keep the streak going but lose to Golden State or lose 1 or 2 of the next few games (except Brooklyn) and beat Golden State.

(I would personally like the 21 streak AND beat GSW but that is not one of your options blum3.gif )

Maybe this should be a poll.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I don't want to lose to Golden State under ANY circumstances. I was in the building last year when Iguodala made that 3 to beat us.

The streak is tremendous. But beating Golden State would represent one of the last obstacles we need to hirdle, in order to erase any doubt about how good this team is.

I could actually see the Hawks losing to New Orleans on the road, or even to Washington that Wednesday before the Golden State game.

By the way, that's an extremely tough stretch of games coming up

vs Portland next Friday

vs Philly on Saturday .. 3rd game in 4 nights

@ New Orleans .. 2/2

vs Washington .. 2/4

vs Golden State .. 2/6

@ Memphis .. 2/8

And I think it will be that game in Memphis that may be the most likely loss in that stretch. The Memphis game would be the 7th game in 10 nights.

Howeva ....

If the Hawks DO run the table and win those 6 games ( plus Brooklyn this Wednesday ), you're looking at a 23 game win streak .. and a very favorable schedule coming up, despite most of those games being on the road.

Nique's statue game vs Cleveland could potentially be the chance to extend the win streak to 32 games. How insane would that be to go into that game with a 31 game win streak?

Then we'd have to go to Philly to tie the record ... and home vs Sacramento to break the 33 game win streak record.

LOL @ even talking about a remote possibility to break the all time win streak, when we didn't even have a winning streak of more than 7 games in the past 15 seasons.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Wins count the same in the eyes of Bud. I just want wins, no matter who we beat, so win streak and lose to GS. Yes, I enjoy seeing us beat OKC more than Minnesota, but a win is a win and wins keep the ESPN Cavs at bay.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1

We gotta beat GS cause i'mma be in the spot, and I think we will. We turn over less and defend harder. It's gonna be the battle of Glue Guys: "Aye mon, it's Tre'mon!" vs. Junkyard Dog. I can't see any losses in between either, although something called the BSPN BPI says odds are we lose to Memphis, NO, and GS.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

Which would you prefer?

Keep the streak going but lose to Golden State or lose 1 or 2 of the next few games (except Brooklyn) and beat Golden State.

(I would personally like the 21 streak AND beat GSW but that is not one of your options blum3.gif )

Maybe this should be a poll.

You could've made this a lot tougher.

Lose to Golden State

Or

Lose to Brooklyn

THAT'S a tough choice.  If we swallow our pride we know beating Brooklyn is much more important, but beating Golden State would be so much sweeter!

• Like 2

Maybe I'm just greedy but I want both!! I want opponents to fear us. I want opponents to love us. And I want opponents to fear how much they love us.

Don't the Heat have the record at like 27 games? I want to beat that. Then we can take a night off.

I want opponents to ask for autographs before the game like Angola (or was it Senegal?)

27 is just insane. I know they had a Mack truckload of talent, but I always take issue with people discounting Spoelstra. 2 rings and a streak that long equals outstandig coach. They had the same rebounding issues as we do, yet to find a way to combat and overcome that for that many different matchups is miraculous. You could even see much better X's and O's yesterday over Thibs.

Bud is so confident that he knows all the weaknesses of the opposing team and how we'll exploit them. After we run GS off the floor and back to Harstfield, I wouldn't mind if we shut the starters down until the next SA game and for the Grande Finale to demolish Chicago and shut the Barkleys and other various clowns the f&@k up.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

Sad to say... I think OKC and SA are better than GS. I know, I know... it's crazy. Therefore, I would rather beat the Cavs by 20+ with Lebron playing at his best!!

Nah that's not crazy. All of those teams have a heavy Spurs imprint, but they ain't the Spurs, who just came off one of the most dominat playoff runs in history. OKC has loads of Conference Finals experience. GS is preparing for a very dissapointing flameout IMO.

The road to the Finals is so much easier for us considering Chicago is an inconsistent mess, no playoff experience whatsoever outside of LeBron for the Cavs, and not much to speak of for Washington outside of PP. We have 5 main rotational players with extensive playoff experience.

Edited by benhillboy

GS is a monter right now. They play great defense and get out and run but what seperates them from other teams with superstars is that instead of going for highlight jams in transition they hit backbreaking 3's. They are jist like us except they have 2 Kyle Korvers, both of whom can stroke it, handle it, and create with Thompson being able to finish at the rim too. Their role players know and execute their roles very well. They arent a selfish squad either.

It would be hard but if we could beat them it would be HUGE for our guys

• Like 1

We gotta beat GS cause i'mma be in the spot, and I think we will. We turn over less and defend harder. It's gonna be the battle of Glue Guys: "Aye mon, it's Tre'mon!" vs. Junkyard Dog. I can't see any losses in between either, although something called the BSPN BPI says odds are we lose to Memphis, NO, and GS.

You gonna be in house? I've been going to Hawks Dubs in oaktown since 2003. Holla at me when ur there.

Maybe I'm just greedy but I want both!! I want opponents to fear us. I want opponents to love us. And I want opponents to fear how much they love us.

Don't the Heat have the record at like 27 games? I want to beat that. Then we can take a night off.

I wanted to say both also but thought @JayBirdHawk would lose her mind and go off on me..lol