• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How many International fans do we have on Hawksquawk?

Admin

Funny, two of my best internet friends are two girls from Melboune as well. Even had one of them come and stay a week with my wife and I a few years ago. Love the Aussies.

Lol, I have so many questions ....

Funny, two of my best internet friends are two girls from Melboune as well. Even had one of them come and stay a week with my wife and I a few years ago. Love the Aussies.

Internet "girl" friends with a name like Suzie553. Probably really some lonely bald dude who hates Danny Ferry and posts on here a lot...

• Premium Member

You guys :p  These are real women that I befriended in the late 1990's at the same fansite of a book series that I met my wife at. We are all fans of that series and became friends. We send them a CARE package of assorted American snacks and sweets they can't get or cost too much in AU and they return the favor with AU treats.

• Like 2

Internet "girl" friends with a name like Suzie553. Probably really some lonely bald dude who hates Danny Ferry and posts on here a lot...

Now,now.  That's no way to talk about your mom.

You guys blum3.gif  These are real women that I befriended in the late 1990's at the same fansite of a book series that I met my wife at. We are all fans of that series and became friends. We send them a CARE package of assorted American snacks and sweets they can't get or cost too much in AU and they return the favor with AU treats.

Hey, you don't have to explain yourself to us.  Now about these AU 'treats' ....

Kidding, that actually sounds pretty cool.

• Moderators

http://www.nba.com/hawks/recalling-hawks-trip-russia-1988

Twenty five years ago this summer, the Hawks traveled to the then-Soviet Union and became the first NBA team to ever play there, beating the Soviet All-Star team 85-84 in an exhibition match.  Atlanta went on to play several games in the world's largest country in the summer of 1988 during which political tension between the U.S. and the Russian Federation was high.

Hawks Radio play-by-play legend Steve Holman was on the trip and provided photos of the journey.  Click here to see them.

Steve Fall recalled the trip in a 2003 article featured in Hawk Talk called "Behind The Curtain."  Here is Fall's piece in its entirety:

ussr3.JPG?itok=uJMP_s93

Beach party with Sasha Volkov (would later become a Hawk) and Sarunas Marciulionis.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm from Brazil but you regulars obviously already know that, as I've been here for a while now. I like to think I'm probably the only Hawks' fan from Brazil (and therefore smarter than my fellow countrymen who root for the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, Bulls and Heat).

I've been a Hawks fan since the Nique days, and I think I've never seen a better Hawks team than what we have now.

GO HAWKS!

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 1

I'm from Brazil but you regulars obviously already know that, as I've been here for a while now. I like to think I'm probably the only Hawks' fan from Brazil (and therefore smarter than my fellow countrymen who root for the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, Bulls and Heat).

I've been a Hawks fan since the Nique days, and I think I've never seen a better Hawks team than what we have now.

GO HAWKS!

And you stuck with us even though your guy Josh left the team. #respect

• Like 2

And you stuck with us even though your guy Josh left the team. #respect

@Dolfan23 never forgets...he will forgive, but he never forgets...just ask Benhilly #jjlove4life

GO HAWKS!

Not only all that but you're a fantasy stud this year :-)...props

This not a trap thread right?

Ha not at all. In fact I'd like to send a thread like this to Koonin and have him see the level of interest in the Hawks outside of the US. I think we're all a little surprised by the # of fans from down unda.