• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Trail Blazers

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Bazemore with the FLUSH!

~lw3

That was the best defensive effort against the Hawks in a long time, our top two defenders were out, LMA hit EVERYTHING, we couldn't hit our FTs....................another win against a great team no big deal. 

I hope DMC and Thabo get right soon. I get nervous with those strains, especially an achilles. 

Great atmosphere at Philips tonight there was a lot of energy in the building. I went to see an Allstar big man matchup and did not get disappointed.

Man these Hawks dancers are always distracting as hell; it's hard to concentrate with all that gyrating in the aisle :).

Funniest moment of the night during Chic - Fila parachute drop. Guy goes up to grab a cow and spills beer on himself and everyone around him.

Edited by ATLien_
  • Like 1

Jalen Rose still thinks that Washington is better.

He's entitled to his own opinion. Doesn't mean it's a particularly intelligent one.

I will say that if we don't make the finals, Washington is the team I'd most prefer to represent the East. That said, I'm far more concerned about Chi and Cle. I think the road to the finals for us is through one, or both, of them.

Edited by CBAreject

• Premium Member

I thought that Baze and Scott would be keys in the game. I didn't think it'd be because Sef went down though. It was one of the few games we haven't been up by 10 and that makes it stressful lol.

There isn't much to complain about. They are making this a memorable season..

For Goodness sakes - when we do get free throws can we at least hit 75%...Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

They are free throws - I can make 2 out of three drunk.,

Folks would say - but what about the crowd?  Well hell, if I was drunk I wouldn't care :-)

I always shot free throws dead on-line and intentionally got them over the front rim to get the bounce off the backboard if I was a tad short or a bit long

I shot 70% in High School from the free throw line and I was just average.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

What would you say was the play of the game?

Either Baze hitting the three pointer in the 4th (with no time on the clock), one of Baze's defensive moments, or something that Trillsap did (He did a lot).  I also liked the quick shot over LA by Dennis.

The one bothersome thing for me was like the last 5 minutes of the 3rd.  Dennis and Teague were putting up shots without getting into the offense.  And Pero?!?!  Come on Pero, you got to nail an open look or find a better shooter.

That was the best defensive effort against the Hawks in a long time, our top two defenders were out, LMA hit EVERYTHING, we couldn't hit our FTs....................another win against a great team no big deal. 

I hope DMC and Thabo get right soon. I get nervous with those strains, especially an achilles. 

Yeeh. That was exactly the kind of game that you should lose at some point: good opponent with their best player on fire, playing with high intensity, two core rotation players out for the Hawks and yet they still win comfortably at the end. Makes you wonder what it will take to beat this team...

Edited by kurupt

If Lemarcus could, he'd give you a thumbs up for this game thread.  It also seems Damian is a little illiard for being snubbed:

I felt disrespected by Lilly's sucky game last night.  Felt snubbed by his lack of making a statement.

Lillard likes his self-anointed underdog/victim role, and if thats what inspires him, it has clearly worked. I do think he was snubbed, but the NBA is a PG league right now and the west is loaded with stars. He was an allstar last year and he was a top 10 draft pick. Hard for me to see how he's been chronically underestimated, at least since he declared for the draft.

• Like 1

I finally got to see the game this morning and wow that was fun!!!  And just to let y'all know I had confidence in our boy JT before the game.

• Like 2