• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pelicans

lethalweapon3

Some thoughts about tonight's loss.

I'm happy it came in February and not January .  They can't take perfect away from us.

I'm happy that we don't have the hate against this team that the Falcons have for the Saints.

With this loss we didn't fall out of 1st place.  Missed a lot of easy, open shots.  It's therefore

easy to see why we lost this game.  And, their all star power foreward was great.

Now that "the streak" is over, on national TV, maybe the spotlight will now be on The King

and let us alone.  They want and desire all the attention.  Atlanta doesn't relish it.

Hawks have already won more regular season games than all of last season and we've not

reahed the all star game yet.  How great is this !!

Since we lost, I'm happy that it wasn't close.  This is easier to swallow than a 2 point loss.

I'm still happy to be a Hawks fan !!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

I had faith that Hawks was going to win this game, but give Pelicans some credit for shooting the ball  really well, and getting all the calls from refs. (Not sure if they got paid by someone to make those BS calls.. but it's not the ref should be fully blamed, Hawks made some mistakes by rushing their shots and not using clock to move the ball and find open man or a better percentage shot).

Im also happy to see that they still competed hard even their offense was kinda sluggish, and their defense was about average but their overall effort was really good, I give them credit for that. Good decision by Coach bud by putting all the subs in 4th quarter in 5 minute mark. Clearly, he doesn't want to risk his starters to get injured.

It's a good thing that the streak is finally come to an end. You don't want to have that kind of mind set containing the streak rather than focusing and preparing how to win the next game.

Learn from this game, and move on to the next one! Stay humble and keep working hard!

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
  • Like 2

Don't you think that the way we've played the past few games may be us underachieving?

Compare the teams that usually go on these kind of streaks. They have great players and the Hawks have good players.

Fact is... This team does not have many notable defenders or rebounders. Very little shot blocking.

Teams have adjusted to the Hawks scrappy teams. Defenses are more prepared for it and they move the ball better against the Hawks defense. 

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Compare the teams that usually go on these kind of streaks. They have great players and the Hawks have good players.

Fact is... This team does not have many notable defenders or rebounders. Very little shot blocking.

Teams have adjusted to the Hawks scrappy teams. Defenses are more prepared for it and they move the ball better against the Hawks defense.

What exactly are they doing? Playing harder? I just see a team that's in a bit of a slump. While we don't have the things you mention, but we compensate. I'll start to worry when we go on a real losing streak.