I think we will finish above .500

capstone21

We have 41 wins and we still have 32 games to go!

We're certainly in good shape I think.

Just as an FYI though, #1 in the East is still not a lock per the eggsperts.  Mitch Lawrence says CLE will catch and pass us.  Just thought I'd throw that nugget out there.

I like to look for new people to hate in the NBA media.  Lawrence and Stacey King head that list followed closely by Joel Meyers.  Joel knocked @Dolfan23 out of my top 3.  Congrats Dolfan?

• Premium Member

Just as an FYI though, #1 in the East is still not a lock per the eggsperts.  Mitch Lawrence says CLE will catch and pass us.  Just thought I'd throw that nugget out there.

I like to look for new people to hate in the NBA media.  Lawrence and Stacey King head that list followed closely by Joel Meyers.  Joel knocked @Dolfan23 out of my top 3.  Congrats Dolfan?

The only time CLE will catch up to the Hawks will be the start of the '15-'16 season.

• Like 4

Those eggsperts aren't all they're cracked up to be. I mean, are we still talking about John Salmonellas right now?

No? We aren't? Well then why the hell aren't we?

It really is comedic that these talkheads think that Clevebron will catch us... You know why they won't catch us and win the East?  Because math... Because math.

You're expecting these blowhards to actually think about what they're saying?  Remember this is the same dude who says that not only will the Jennings-less Pistons make the 8th seed, but that we'll have our hands full because of Drummmmmond and Monroe's size.

Nevermind the fact that Drummmmend has literally no offensive game.  They were talking up freakin' DJ Augustin!!!!  "Uh, uh if he can give them what he gave CHI last season ...  watch out"

I hate that dude so much, so friggin' much.

They are riding the Lebron carousal like Jenna Jamison after a bender. You can clearly see that they don't really want to do any work that would be required if the Hawks were to advance deep in the playoffs. It's too easy for them to just slap it in the deep freeze for the Lebrons or Chicago.

All I'm going to do is just sit back and watch this unfold. If and when the Hawks bust these guys' bubbles this spring, I'm going to enjoy watching them backpedal like a cornerback at the NFL combine. A good portion of these guys probably still think Joe Johnson is on the team, Kevin Loughery is the coach, and they still play in the old Omni. So of course they think the Lebrons will catch them from 10+ games back.

These posers would have a fit if the Hawks were to come out of the East. A homer like Stacey King would probably not be seen until the next season starts if his beloved Bulls were knocked off by that inferior Hawks team. They'll make up something like 'the NBA wants parity like the NFL so they changed things so the Hawks could win'. I for one can't wait...  

The eggsperts are shellshocked, so the only thing they can say is 'wait unitl the playoffs'

Most had us not even making the playoffs, so they are now so confused, wondering how they got it so wrong.

They cannot comprehend and have no idea how to handle the Hawks success since we have no 'SupaSta'

Squawkers laughing at the eggsperts:

Now-Comes-The-Part-Where-We-Throw-Our-He

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Cleveland is not going to catch the Hawks this regular season. They're on an 11 game winning streak and they've only managed to gain 1 game. Too far back.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 3

National media are idiots.  

Cleveland is currently rolling, and have a 30 - 20 record.

Hawks currently sit at 41 - 9, and have been rolling since Thanksgiving.

The maximum number of games Cleveland can win, is 62 games . . and they'd have to go 32 - 0 to get there . . . ( or win 41 straight games )

For the Hawks to reach 62 wins ( which has to include a victory over Cleveland on March 6th over that stretch ) . . the Hawks simply have to go 21 - 11 the rest of the way.  

But heck, we've won 34 of our last 37 games, so I guess anything is possible. 

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 2

National media are idiots.  

Cleveland is currently rolling, and have a 30 - 20 record.

Hawks currently sit at 41 - 9, and have been rolling since Thanksgiving.

The maximum number of games Cleveland can win, is 62 games . . and they'd have to go 32 - 0 to get there . . . ( or win 41 straight games )

For the Hawks to reach 62 wins ( which has to include a victory over Cleveland on March 6th over that stretch ) . . the Hawks simply have to go 21 - 11 the rest of the way.  

But heck, we've won 34 of our last 37 games, so I guess anything is possible. 

Even if they go an incredible 29 - 3 over these next 32 games, that still only puts them at 59 wins . . . forcing the Hawks to merely go 18 - 13 over that same stretch.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

I've already made up my mind.  Quit trying to confuse me with the facts.

Come, worship at the altar of "The King."  Everyone knows that he and his team

are the best, finest team in the east and it is only a matter of time before all the

world knows this!

We've been told on Hawksquawk recently that the Atlanta Hawks have had

a cakewalk to date.  Teams have not really been trying against us.  When they decide

to buckle down and really try, Atlanta will not have a chance.  Don't you see that?

Yep, I believe that the regular NBA season is 82 games and the Hawks have 41 wins.

To end up with a .500 record we must - - er - - That's correct.  We don't have to do

anything.  We're there!

Why can't everyone see that the "foolin around" part of the season is quickly coming

to an end and that all these teams that have rolled over and played dead for Atlanta

will now, and for the remainder of the season, pound this team into the ground.  They

will be lucky to win fifty games for the season.

Cleveland, on the other hand, now has put all their troubles behind them and will

lose only if half the team has the flu and they have to forfeit because they can't

put the minimum players on the floor.  Otherwise, their next loss comes in 2016!

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

I have to admit that I never do predictions until the end of the season.  Its a lot easier to predict past history than future history.  One thing about sports fans and eggsperts - they all have amnesia.  Nobody remembers (and it ain't worth lookin up) what the eggesperts said last week, last month or before the pre-season.  If these guys were just a little bit smarter they could probably make really big money being Wall Street Eggsperts and losing other people's money for them. 

We might, but it'll be difficult. I heard sanctions may come down on Ferry to vacate all wins from this season.

I heard that one, too. They were going to strip them of 25 wins; 15 of them to be given to the Cavs and 10 to Chicago. They said that it would only be fair...

Every year I think "I should document what all the eggsperts say about the Hawks/playoffs/predictions/etc" just so I can throw it back in the faces of those eggsperts at season's end.  But then I inevitability go and get another beer and forget all about that plan.  

I wish there was another squawker more industrious than I am and would actually do that, both preseason and as the season progresses to see how much their tune changes.

Just as an FYI though, #1 in the East is still not a lock per the eggsperts. Mitch Lawrence says CLE will catch and pass us. Just thought I'd throw that nugget out there.

I like to look for new people to hate in the NBA media. Lawrence and Stacey King head that list followed closely by Joel Meyers. Joel knocked @Dolfan23 out of my top 3. Congrats Dolfan?

Even if we went 16-17 to end the year, CLE would have to go 27-4 to pass us. They *might* be able to win 27, but do you see any way we don't win a lot more than 16? We have it on lock.
  • Like 1