• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Warriors

lethalweapon3

Note:  The "Bud Wave" has often been mis-interpretted.  Some think it is a fast way to get out of the Gymnasium...others think it is a sign of respect while not having to walk through the crowd.  A few think it is a sign of "take that m_th*%$ers"...we just kicked your ass - again.

The folks who think that Bud's wave is an arrogant "F' you we will beat you any time you come here" wave are generally oddball Hawks fans - who generally reside on Hawksquawk.

...asked about it, Coach Budenholzer said: "I just wave"....sure Bud...like anybody is going to believe that to_keep_order.gif

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 2

I didn't realize outshooting them 49.4% to 45.6% (and 55.6% to 36.4% on 3s and 89.2% to 66.7% on FTs) was them outshooting us.  :/

They outshot us early - I didn't check the final boxscore - you are right but it seemed like they were making a helluva lot of shots...

Thanks for the Stat...Gray Mule is gonna be dang happy that we out-shot them on free throws.

...and I'm not making fun - 89.2% to 66.7% on FTs....GM is damned right - hit your FTs in a close game and you may just win.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

Had to listen to the game at work....one of the best nights at work I've had in a while. This team is amazing, man this feels good.

• Like 3

I understand people having doubts about the Hawks until the win in the playoffs, but they keep showing up for these big games. This was honestly one of the most hyped up regular season games I have ever seen (for any team) and the Hawks never flinched. Well, except for Pero. I don't think anyone has ever missed a shot quite like he missed that one layup or whatever it was.

Dennis, though, that kid is turning into a killer out there. 

Also, I don't have the numbers, but I'm pretty sure Korver shoots about 80% on transition 3's. The lack of movement might be his downfall in the 3pt contest. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Diesel's take on the game.

Very good game.   It showed the world that we are strong off the bench.  I'm betting that the folks at ESPN and NBA.COM are saying " who the hell is Mike Scott?".  Draymond Green is probably the best rebounder in the NBA right now (technique wise).  GS makes very few mistakes.  Clay and Steph can shoot a ton.   But we have something that I told yall would make the difference (this offseason):  BazeGOD!!!

Seriously, we're a good matchup for them.   Namely because they cannot stop Paul.   Moreover, our bench shows up.  When we play them in March, I believe that there will be more fireworks.

However, past this game, this is my concern:

1. Cleveland and the master of the HGH.

2.  Indiana in the 8th spot.

Dennis really is the fastest guard in the league from what I have seen...of course he sometimes can't control himself...but he's the fastest mf er I have ever seen in the pros...and I have watched a few fast guys in my years.

I really thought that after the highlight reels we saw (playing against 6-5 white dudes) that he would have a rude cumuppance when he got to the NBA...I was wrong...MFer is like a long legged cat.

It helps a bunch on the defensive end too.  + he is so "light" they can swat him down and he just gets up :-)

I hope no ignorant fool tells him he needs to gain weight/muscle...screw that...the guy is a rocket ship as he is.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

The crowd was electric, you can tell the guys fed off of it. Straight playoff atmosphere.

It was evident during the game, and Kerr admitted afterwards: Bud had his lineups all f&@ked up with the patented 5 shooter spread. I knew the Warriors still make 4-5 more lazy mistakes per game than we make (0) and aren't on a string enough to defend our screen game: Barbosa gave them a spark offensively but he killed them as far as communication on the perimeter.

Watching Bud and his staff work live is a thing of beauty. Almost as beautiful as having two AS-caliber PGs. I knew Dennis would frustrate Steph defensively, but the shots he took and made were HUGE, not to discount Baze's and Money Mike's sound contributions. Love me some Thabo, but those three threes Baze hit in succession would've likely been off the side of the glass had it been him. I'm not even worried about another injury of two now, all of does is makes us deeper.

I keep telling yall, most of the East doesn't matter. We're on a collision course with the Raptors, the only team who can go small with us as well as keep their young core players fresh for the fourth quarter. Even their chances are slim, we can create mismatches down low almost at will. This Hawks team is on a mission, and Bud has clearly drilled them that no one can stop them except them. We all know that ain't happening. Virtually 50-50-90 (with a whopping 35 attempts!) as a team should be outlawed. Blatant cheating.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

Actually...in my humble opinion ..I don't think we have even see how fast he really is.  He has to play in a system that requires him to keep his sh!t together on offense (thankfully) his real talent is on Defense.

Dennis is a scary-fast dude on the perimeter D for any team.  To be honest he almost shuts down the top of the key unless the other PG goes inside and he has to chase him.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Another winning streak bites the dust (Cavs) and Hawks beat the #1

Sunday, we go play the #2 team from the west.

This was a total team effort. A great game and a great win!

GO TEAM ATLANTA !!

on NBA Review on Sirius this morning there some great callers...Hawks are doing it for sure...slowly winning over folks.

One commentator said in reply to the inevitable, "Is this the finals preview?"

"It might be...it all just comes down to match ups in the west. Only two teams match up with the Bogut-GSWs...San antonio and MEMPHIS."

Two things that stood out:

1) No mention of who matches up in the east against the Hawks

2) We really need to handle Memphis!

Love the fact that our boys just stared a giant in the eyes and routinely handled their business with different dynamics...Horford's fouls, no Thabo (we really need him for a long playoff run), playing catch up for lots of the game, etc.

Give lots of love to the fans!!!!!

Go Hawks!!!

Even their chances are slim, we can create mismatches down low almost at will. This Hawks team is on a mission, and Bud has clearly drilled them that no one can stop them except them. We all know that ain't happening. Virtually 50-50-90 (with a whopping 35 attempts!) as a team should be outlawed. Blatant cheating.

i knew the refs should've checked the pressure on those balls. They looked low whenever the Warriors had the ball. [emoji12]
  • Like 1

Had to listen to the game at work....one of the best nights at work I've had in a while. This team is amazing, man this feels good.

i live in Houston and love the fact that people are stopping me at work and asking me about the Hawks!

"What's up with Atlanta?"

"When did they get good?"

"I thought they tried to tank last year."

Can't wait for Monday to field the new questions that this game will raise!

Go Hawks!

• Like 1

Warriors fans all seem to want David Lee gone. They don't like his 15 million and say he and Bogut just aren't alert or in sync enough to guard elite fronts like Al and Sap. Why do all the contending teams' fans we beat feel they need to go after KG?

They hated on Green more for going for Sap's pump fakes than giving him credit for eating the glass all night, I though that was unwarranted.

Somone pointed out Klay is a considerably better on ball defender than off. I'm pretty sure Kyle's looks were fewer and farther between when Iggy was on him, he actually had a block on Kyle. The Hawks really put you in a bind in terms of going with an offensive or defensive lineup, you're gonna concede something.

And people gonna get enough of saying Dennis can't shoot. He'll hit the ones we really need and walk off on your ass before it drops.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

i live in Houston and love the fact that people are stopping me at work and asking me about the Hawks!

"What's up with Atlanta?"

"When did they get good?"

"I thought they tried to tank last year."

Can't wait for Monday to field the new questions that this game will raise!

Go Hawks!

You're in Houston too? That's 3 of us now!

• Like 1