• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Breaking News: Adreian Payne traded to T-Wolves for 2017 1st (lottery proteected 2017-2020)

Admin

I trust Bud and Ferry's judgment.  They must have seen enough to lose faith in Payne ever being a solid contributor for this team. 

The good part is it frees up a roster spot now and it will give us a cheap player, down the road, when our cap space will probably be tighter. 

It also creates space for Tavares to come over next year.

Edited by JETSET

200.gif

Just make sure we got Millsap sign this offseason now. Having Payne was nice issurance just incase Sap left. Sap must have let them know he will re-sign. Plus open a spot for Ray Allen or at least adding someone to the roster.

This gives us roster room though. We should have 3 spots for 2015-16 season. Tavares, Our 1st round pick, and a free agent. Lose Millsap and it's a high priced talented free agent.

That's good for us. Charlotte should be locked in to the playoffs with Mo there to fill in for Kemba.

The last thing I wanted to see was the Horcats getting a veteran point. I'm not too worried but they got better.

DAMN. He reminded me of a young Amar'e Stoudemire. Sad to see him go. 

Dude's almost 30 already tho (relatively speaking).  We'll be fine.  If he was gonna be anything close to Amare or the like we'dve known already most likely.  I was just hoping he'd be Taj Gibson.  Apparently wasn't that either.

The last thing I wanted to see was the Horcats getting a veteran point. I'm not too worried but they got better.

This move puts them firmly ahead of Brooklyn while they aren't near reaching our level.

This likely locks Charlotte in to the 7th seed.  Now it's a fight between Miami/Brooklyn/Detroit/Indiana for the 8th seed.

• Like 3

Touche.

But do you really see Ferry doing this? Payne was supposedly one of the reasons Bebe was traded.

I don't think that was ever mentioned by the team. I think Bebe was included because they realized he was a bust and he was the shine on the Lou trade that has us under the salary cap and allowed us to resign Scott and Mack. 

I honestly don't believe we'd make any moves without Ferry's approval. Besides it's certainly not Bud's move with Wilcox being the one supposedly running the show with Ferry on leave.

Are the timberwolves trying to win the most athletic team in NBA history award? They got a 2k30 roster here with LaVine, Wiggins and Payne.

And don't forget that Bazz is turning into a pretty solid player. I wish we could have gotten him back in the trade.

This move puts them firmly ahead of Brooklyn while they aren't near reaching our level.

This likely locks Charlotte in to the 7th seed. Now it's a fight between Miami/Brooklyn/Detroit/Indiana for the 8th seed.

True it does help us. Allows us to avoid the Hornets in the first round while it creates trouble for the #2 seed in the east..Toronto most likely.

• Premium Member

This was a bad trade for the Wolves. Payne couldn't even sniff minutes here. Even the lottery protection gives us a potential first rounder for an old rookie (you all know how much I hate old rookies) that clearly was not going to get in games. Good trade Bud.