• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Breaking News: Adreian Payne traded to T-Wolves for 2017 1st (lottery proteected 2017-2020)

Admin

I don't think that was ever mentioned by the team. I think Bebe was included because they realized he was a bust and he was the shine on the Lou trade that has us under the salary cap and allowed us to resign Scott and Mack.

I honestly don't believe we'd make any moves without Ferry's approval. Besides it's certainly not Bud's move with Wilcox being the one supposedly running the show with Ferry on leave.

And don't forget that Bazz is turning into a pretty solid player. I wish we could have gotten him back in the trade.

Woulda looooved Bazz or Thad...dang

So we traded the #15 pick last season for a pick that can only be #15 or worse at earliest two years from now?  

Yeah, I would say that is officially cutting your losses with a bad pick.  No way we would have dealt Nurkic like this.

100% right. This was a terrible pick from Day 1. The Tavares pick saved that terrible Payne pick. Patterson can be good in the future. I like our 2nd round picks last year. I got my opinions timestamped too. Go look at my posts from the draft. 

I would have rather had Shabazz than Young or a future 1st.

As a newly-minted 'system' junkie (can't believe I'm saying that), I have my doubts Shebadd would fit our *shudders* system.

Gee whiz.  In the topic, Hawks interested in Ray Allen, I asked if it would

be possible to trade Payne, J Jenkins and our 1st round pick with the option

of swapping with the Nets for Kevin Martin.

Now, just hours later, I hear that they have traded Payne to the T Wolves!

Sad to see him go but I still like my trade better!!

GO TEAM ATL !!

As a newly-minted 'system' junkie (can't believe I'm saying that), I have my doubts Shebadd would fit our *shudders* system.

Did you see him defend, knock down the 3 (40% on the season) and rebound last night?

It turns out he pulled an oblique (@kg01 those are the "muscles" you should have in place of your fatty marbled love handles) last night so he couldn't be traded anyway.

Bring over Edy.

I am all for this. Even somewhat raw, his improvement this season means he can give us some minutes. The bottom-line is he has elite measureables and is a good defensive player and rebounder right now in ANY league. He can be more of an use to us than Muscala can ever be due to measureables.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Did you see him defend, knock down the 3 (40% on the season) and rebound last night?

It turns out he pulled an oblique (@kg01 those are the "muscles" you should have in place of your fatty marbled love handles) last night so he couldn't be traded anyway.

@kg01 chooses Cheetos over obliques 9/10 times! No G.I. Joe's (lady favs) for kg either as he enjoys skittles ..#feastmode

• Premium Member

You guys don't want T Young. Trust me. He's been horribad in Minn this year. Bazz on the other hand is a starting quality wing player that should be working his way back into that spot now that he's healthy again. I would rather have Bazz. Dude can play.

• Like 3

Good topic.

1. Young - probably unrealistic but it could happen.

2. McDaniels - pretty much same reasons as you.

3. LaVine - athletic shooter, potentially a rich man's (whoever that guy is we drafted but can't stay healthy)

4. Hood - solid contributor from day 1

5. Payne - another contributor from day 1.  Not as good a prospect due to age but that was the knock on Taj Gibson and he's done quite well.

I was high on Stauskas but he seems like a Bellinelli-ceiling kind of guy.

If you made a top 5 guys you don't want, Grant would be #1 on my list.  He's like a poor man's Amir Johnson which is really saying something since I can't stand Amir Johnson.  I'd take CJ Fair over him.

Have you discussed in another thread why you don't like Young?  I see @AmishBoy has him at the bottom of his list as well.  I like Young and think he's got real star potential... although he could easily bust as well.  

The problem with Payne is where do you play him?  He's a stretch 4 so I'm sure we could find a spot for him in our offense but that would mean moving Millsap to SF or having Payne come off the bench.  I really want to get a starter for this year from this draft and I don't think Payne fits that mold.  Plus there's questions about his lungs too and that's a concern.  Generally not a big fan of 4 year guys either and he'll be 24 halfway through next season.

• Admin

Payne is an unknown ... not a bust....yet

He might become a very solid player for all we know ...

We are a WIN NOW team so Payne is not going to figure into that as he still needs time to develop ... 

Obviously we are trying to open a roster spot ... Moose would have just been released while AP got us a first.  It makes sense to to move him

He might get more burn in Minny too.

Lets trade Jenkins for a second and lets go get a guard (Ray Ray) and a rebounding big (Garnett after release) 

• Like 1

You guys don't want T Young. Trust me. He's been horribad in Minn this year. Bazz on the other hand is a starting quality wing player that should be working his way back into that spot now that he's healthy again. I would rather have Bazz. Dude can play.

They aren't trading Bazz tho. He would need to improve his range to be of interest to us. 

That might be true but if Thad lands on a playoff team I think he's gonna turn it around and become a beast. Just a hunch.