• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Breaking News: Adreian Payne traded to T-Wolves for 2017 1st (lottery proteected 2017-2020)

Admin

• Premium Member

Isn't Bazz a character issue guy? Maybe he isn't a Hawk lockeroom guy anyways. Chemistry is key.

He used to be but he got his head on straight after the fiasco with the having a girl in his room in the rookie summit or whatever its called. For someone with a lot of hype that couldn't get Adelman to play him even though he earned minutes ( you can go back and read my realgm posts on the wolves board last year being frustrated that he wasn't getting minutes) and still kept his cool and didn't complain or whine...that showed a lot of maturity on his part.

FWIW I think bazz would be fine on our team but we're not getting him so...yeah

• Like 1

Are the Pistons sellers? 

Greg Monroe for Shelvin Mack and this first works on the trade machine. 

Its not my first choice, but it does improve our rebounding. 

I wouldn't hesitate at all to make that move. Then sign Neal to replace Mack. That wins the championship for the Hawks THIS YEAR.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

As a side note, it was reported that the Hawks made a promise to Porzingis before he withdrew from the draft last year. They reportedly moved on to set their eyes on Saric before he got drafted ahead of them. Payne was probably the next highest on their board in terms of a guy who they thought would fit.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The pick turns in to a 2nd rounder in 2021 if not conveyed before then.

I doubt that the Wolves will make the playoffs for 4 straight years so we shouldn't have to worry about this.

They have only missed the playoffs 11 years in a row after this season and have all of 11 wins this year so you know they are on the verge of greatness!

He's been a PF primarily for I think 3 years now, at least. He's probably the worst defensive PF in the game. Do not want him.

He is a decent, not great, scoring forward who can't rebound very well and is a disaster on defense at both SF and PF.  So he is versatile.

I wouldn't hesitate at all to make that move. Then sign Neal to replace Mack. That wins the championship for the Hawks THIS YEAR.

Absolutely. Neal or Ray off the bench with Monroe added to what we already have as a team? 

Oh my lanta. Watch out. 

Even if we only get Monroe for half a season, I still do it. I mean our last first round pick only lasted half a year, and he didnt even play. Whats to say that 2017 pick is any different lol

• Like 1

Absolutely. Neal or Ray off the bench with Monroe added to what we already have as a team? 

Oh my lanta. Watch out. 

Even if we only get Monroe for half a season, I still do it. I mean our last first round pick only lasted half a year, and he didnt even play. Whats to say that 2017 pick is any different lol

Once again, Monroe has a no trade clause with zero intent of accepting a trade. 

I thought he would be perfect in Bud's system. Oh wel...this team wants to win a championship now and prefers a veteran.

I just hope Horford and Milsap stay healthy all season and through the playoffs.

Dennis is 21 and Mike is just as young as Payne. Face it, your boy bombed out like my boy Kendall Marshall did. 

• Moderators

How would it look juicy? At best it can be a 14th pick in 2017, at worst ~30th in 2020. Payne was picked 15th. I don't see it as a good thing by any stretch of the imagination unless that pick is used to trade for a quality young veteran who puts us over the top.

Not only that, Minny's pick and the (knock-on-wood) low-low-first rounder can also get packaged to move up into low-lotto territory. Or, Minny's pick and another young player/prospect, for a trip to the upper room, if we so desire.

2017 will be the year the Hawks will be seeking a replacement/backup for Kyle and Jeff, and a replacement for Thabo, all of whom have expiring contracts, and for a protege that can take over for 32-year-old Millsap in the starting lineup should he re-up with Atlanta this summer. That could be a young vet that's already in the league, or a mid-round draft choice. Dennis looks good as the likely replacement for Jeff, but he's a RFA in 2017 as well.

Payne might have become that latter guy (edit: the Millsap protege), but his contract is one less contract issue in the way when it's time to try and re-sign Al (UFA) in 2016. The Hawks may have been faced with not renewing his team option in 2016 (and not getting anything for it). Now they get something. It's all flexibility.

I agree with others that Minnesota (with Rubio and Wiggins locked down) ought to be able to gel enough that we'll get our hands on that low-1st pick well before 2020 gets here. Wolves fans might revolt by then if we don't.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3