• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Mt. Hawkmore

Dnice

• Moderators

WTF with Lenny Wilkens in there and Pettit not?

@PSSSHHHRRR87 - explain yourself!

Neither guy ever played a minute in Atlanta - both of them were St. Louis Hawks.  Pettit was Tim Duncan for his era including the MVP, ring, and 10 consecutive 1st Team All-NBA selections.  Wilkens never won a championship in Atlanta, never won an MVP and never made an All-NBA team in his entire career.

• Like 3

Neither guy ever played a minute in Atlanta - both of them were St. Louis Hawks.  Pettit was Tim Duncan for his era including the MVP, ring, and 10 consecutive 1st Team All-NBA selections.  Wilkens never won a championship in Atlanta, never won an MVP and never made an All-NBA team in his entire career.

I'll exaplain it for ferrrsure. He's not even old enough to appreciate Nique, Spud and Doc let alone have any respect for the greatest Hawks player ever in Pettit! 

• Moderators

but Lenny was the greatest all-time Hawk... head coach.  Well, that is until Buddy brings home the title.  And I don't have to explain myself to anyone... I say it, therefore it is.

paladin.gif  king2.gifpaladin.gif

I don't get me wrong, I respect Pettit as one of the top 5 greatest PF's to every play the game. I just don't recognize him as an Atlanta Hawk.