• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why Buds won't drop Pero

capstone21

• Premium Member

Not much to see with it honestly, but here it is.

Forward/center Pero Antić did well in his first year in the NBA during the 2013-14 season and much was expected, but 2014-15 has seen a drop in his production. Some followers of the Atlanta Hawks may want head coach Mike Budenholzer to drop Antić from the playing rotation, but that is not happening. 

“It’s the same thing we’ve talked about since Pero got here,” Budenholzer tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “He does so many other things well. I do like it when he shoots it and it goes in. That would be preferable. I do think, (with) some people, there is too much emphasis put on him shooting – making, not making. When you look at his impact on the game and all kinds of different statistical things, he is a huge positive. We tell him to keep shooting. We believe in him and he’ll make shots.” 

Here is a breakdown of his shooting for the last two seasons. 

2013-14: 41.8 percent from the floor and 32.7 percent from behind the three-point line 
2014-15: 36.2 percent from the floor and 28.7 percent from behind the three-point line 

His free throw percentage has also dropped from 75.8 last season to 68.7 this year. 

Antić is set to become a restricted free agent in July and the Hawks are expected to re-sign the big man.

• Premium Member

That is insider now? That's worse than the old C-Viv articles.

I thought maybe my insider expired or something when I first saw it. Nope, that is the kind of junk they are putting out there these days I guess.

There's a simpler explanation.  (Note this is from RandyInsider.  You have to pay extra to read this.)  Bud thinks he's better than Moose or Elton.

but was he better than payne?? and to be honest, brand has looked better when given the opportunity. pero sucks big time.......