• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA FINALS PREDICTIONS

NJHAWK

Ok, so the knock against the Hawgs is that they lack deep playoff experience. They are a regular season phenom and that doesn't translate to the playoffs. Every team goes through adversity/injuries and the Hawgs haven't gone through those yet. It's just because they've been healthy.

However, the post-trade Cavs are given the pass? List for me, if you will, the vast postseason accomplishments and playoff runs of Kevin emo-Love, Kyme Irving, Iman Shumpert, JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, Bill Russell aka Mozgov (actually Bill Russell wishes he was as good as Mosgov, let the eggsperts tell it) and the rest of the Cavs. I'll wait.

Of course LeeBron has that and is the best player in the game. So tell me, is LeighBron going to make shots for those guys? Is he going to make these guys make proper decisions under pressure? Didn't LeiBron have that last year? Wasn't LeaBron the best in the game his first go-round in CLE?

So the Hawks streak means nothing because it's the regular season but the Cavs' current streak is the end all be all?

Tell me, what adversity/injuries have the post-trade Cavs team experienced? None. Are they not due to come back to earth or are we saying JR Smith isn't going to revert to what he's been his whole career. This stretch of games is the real JR Smith I guess? What do you think Jennifer Lawrence?

jlaw-whtvr.gif

CLE will come down to earth. What they're doing right now is great but let's not pretend like most of these guys aren't playing above what they've been their whole careers. Their play will level off and, if they experience any adversity, the emo-Love and selfish play stuff will rear it's ugly head.

My new favorite NBARadio guy, Stackhouse, said you can't talk about the Cavs as a Finals contender without doing the same for the Hawgs. The Hawks streak was/is just as impressive as what the Cavs are doing so why not speak about them in the same or similar veins. He also explained that now is NOT the time to be peaking Cavs fans.

The Cavs might make it to the Finals but no need to just bow down.

Couldn't have said it any better regarding the whole playoff experience debate.

Add to that coaching. I'll take Bud's 17 year experience under Pop over David Blatt's first time NBA head coach when it comes to the whole playoff experience debat.

Couldn't have said it any better regarding the whole playoff experience debate.

Add to that coaching. I'll take Bud's 17 year experience under Pop over David Blatt's first time NBA head coach when it comes to the whole playoff experience debat.

How could I forget Red AuerBlatt?  So when James wants to hero it out and AuerBlatt wants to run a set, I guess his Israeli championship meddle will win out?

• Premium Member

I watched the Cavs destroy the Warriors last night.  Nobody in the NBA can stop Lebron, that is a given.  If he can keep up his intensity throughout the playoffs you gotta give them the edge.   I want the Hawks to win but unless they shoot lights out we got a problem in the playoffs.

Ok the huggers can start your insults now. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I watched the Cavs destroy the Warriors last night.  Nobody in the NBA can stop Lebron, that is a given.  If he can keep up his intensity throughout the playoffs you gotta give them the edge.   I want the Hawks to win but unless they shoot lights out we got a problem in the playoffs.

You're right though. Lebron is playing as well as I've seen him play. The Hawks will have to be hitting on all cylinders to beat the Cavs but I think it's doable. The Detroit comparison is tired, but I watched those guys dismantle a heavily favored Lakers team with two of the best players in the NBA at that time.

• Like 1

No need for insults.  It's a legit discussion.  My earlier rant was mainly against the inconsistent narrative spouted by the media.

We'd have our hands full with CLE but it's by no means a foregone conclusion that we'd lose.  If that was the case, no LiiBron-led team should ever lose in the playoffs.

Last night, for example, GState played a bad game and in spite of a transcendent performance from LeeiBron were in that game until late.  I'm not taking credit away from the Cavs' defense, but GS had open shots they were just flat out missing.  They hit those weird, off-balance shots most nights.  Defensively, the Warriors played a bad game as well.  Long story short, I don't think last night's game was that big of a statement.

No need for us to cower in the face of the unvincible, inbeatable Cavs

Ok, so the knock against the Hawgs is that they lack deep playoff experience.  They are a regular season phenom and that doesn't translate to the playoffs.  Every team goes through adversity/injuries and the Hawgs haven't gone through those yet.  It's just because they've been healthy.

However, the post-trade Cavs are given the pass?  List for me, if you will, the vast postseason accomplishments and playoff runs of Kevin emo-Love, Kyme Irving, Iman Shumpert, JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, Bill Russell aka Mozgov (actually Bill Russell wishes he was as good as Mosgov, let the eggsperts tell it) and the rest of the Cavs.  I'll wait.

Of course LeeBron has that and is the best player in the game.  So tell me, is LeighBron going to make shots for those guys?  Is he going to make these guys make proper decisions under pressure? Didn't LeiBron have that last year?  Wasn't LeaBron the best in the game his first go-round in CLE?

So the Hawks streak means nothing because it's the regular season but the Cavs' current streak is the end all be all?

Tell me, what adversity/injuries have the post-trade Cavs team experienced?  None.  Are they not due to come back to earth or are we saying JR Smith isn't going to revert to what he's been his whole career.  This stretch of games is the real JR Smith I guess?  What do you think Jennifer Lawrence?

jlaw-whtvr.gif

CLE will come down to earth.  What they're doing right now is great but let's not pretend like most of these guys aren't playing above what they've been their whole careers.  Their play will level off and, if they experience any adversity, the emo-Love and selfish play stuff will rear it's ugly head.

My new favorite NBARadio guy, Stackhouse, said you can't talk about the Cavs as a Finals contender without doing the same for the Hawgs.  The Hawks streak was/is just as impressive as what the Cavs are doing so why not speak about them in the same or similar veins.  He also explained that now is NOT the time to be peaking Cavs fans.

The Cavs might make it to the Finals but no need to just bow down.

Lebron has led two different teams to the NBA finals... So, yes.... You can talk about the Cavs in the finals.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

I was watching that game last night thinking LeBron alone has more impact on the Hawks winning a title than all other top teams in the East.  Our best hope is if J.R. Smith starts dating Gloria. 

• Premium Member

The Cavs defeat the Cavs in 7 games. They then re-name "The Finals" as "The Cavaliers" because every single TV on Earth watched it, creating an impossible to beat ratings extravaganza. They then move the Super Bowl to Spike TV in order to just run Cavaliers infomercials in its place. Advertising time during the infomercials run $5 billion per second because, Cavs. When the Cavs eventually play themselves and win every NBA Cavaliers for a decade, the amount of money needed to advertise becomes so huge it can only be paid for in precious metals that have been mined from Saturn, thus creating a gateway for our new alien overlords to come to Earth to advertise during The Cavaliers. Our new benevolent alien leaders then solve hunger, world peace and global warming and advance the human race so far that we all eventually become Cavaliers. The planet Earth becomes a Utopia thanks to the NBA Cavaliers.

That is my NBA Finals prediction. 

^^This is the best thing I have ever read.

Let me say this first - all the Hawks have to do is move the ball, make shots, and keep the defensive intensity up.  Basically what they've been doing all year.  If they do that, nothing can stop them.  There is simply no way to guard this entire team.  The East is there for us to take.  

However...and I have been beating this drum forever...

We don't have that one guy that can get a shot when all else fails.  We have guys who can make big shots, but not a guy that can just make something happen.  What we do depends upon the system and if the system breaks down - we are fugged.  Which means...we are in control of our own destiny.  Missed opportunities will KILL us - no bad shots, knock down the easy shots, no hero ball, take care of the ball, PLAY DEFENSE.  Do that, and it is going to be hard to knock us out of the playoffs.

That being said...

I'm not going to sit here and just wave off LeBron.  This is a classic example of a point that I've made over the years.  Sometimes people allow the media hoopla and bandwagon fandom to cloud their opinion about "stars."  Bottom line is, LeBron is good and he has some pretty good talent around him.  If they play the right way, they are just as much a threat as we are.  We may dislike the LeBronism and we may want them to fail, but that doesn't have any bearing on their actual chances.

I think it'll be a good series and I know that we can win, but if Cleveland plays good basketball...then there is not going to be much room for error.

• Premium Member

Oh...and I think it'll be Golden State out of the West and Atlanta out of the East...in a beautiful, dream of an NBA Finals.  It'll go down as a classic series, with two overtime games, and the Hawks winning it in the final 2 1/2 minutes of game 7.

...and my brain literally has no way to process the thought of us winning a championship.  Like...I still can't get my head around it.

Oh...and I think it'll be Golden State out of the West and Atlanta out of the East...in a beautiful, dream of an NBA Finals.  It'll go down as a classic series, with two overtime games, and the Hawks winning it in the final 2 1/2 minutes of game 7.

...and my brain literally has no way to process the thought of us winning a championship.  Like...I still can't get my head around it.

Lebron has led two different teams to the NBA finals... So, yes.... You can talk about the Cavs in the finals.

What are you even talking about.  You can't just let me have my rant? king.gif

Why doesn't LehBron win it every year then?

Indiana has a good chance to beat Cleveland tonight without Irving on a B2B. Let's pump the brakes. They had that game circled for weeks last night, the Warriors are just trying to get through their road trip and tinker with their lineup. The Hawks and Cleveland will both have next Friday circled.

They are a totally different team than the one we trounced then beat again, I give them that. As a Shumpert fan, I'm glad he got out of purgatory and I had no idea Mozgov was that good. The JR Smith honeymoon will be over soon, though.

Edited by benhillboy