• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Comparison of adv stats: Performance when we win vs. when we lose

sturt

• Premium Member

While +4 rebounds in a single quarter is nothing to sneeze at, that 24% stat really does seem to be the key, ie, ratcheting up the opportunity for rebounds, of which we're practically bound to get 70-75% of those. I mean, when you have a Deke or a Tree, you expect to see some impressive oppFG % numbers, but I'm honestly beside myself seeing this roster achieve so consistently what it does with only occasional exceptions.

While +4 rebounds in a single quarter is nothing to sneeze at, that 24% stat really does seem to be the key, ie, ratcheting up the opportunity for rebounds, of which we're practically bound to get 70-75% of those. I mean, when you have a Deke or a Tree, you expect to see some impressive oppFG % numbers, but I'm honestly beside myself seeing this roster achieve so consistently what it does with only occasional exceptions.

Not that it's not impressive of a feat for a single quarter, although the Rockets without Dwight shouldn't be a rebound mismatch for us anyway, but we were plus 4 through 3 quarters and still down 9 points. So I think this again illustrates my point that it's really our defense and ability to win the shooting battle that's really the difference in our W's and L's. If we hadn't shot so poorly from 3 last night we would have won by double-digits and the only reason we won was because of turning the D up in the 4th.

I certainly agree about marveling on how good our D can be given you wouldn't expect that with our personnel. But these guys have huge hearts and non-stop motors and now when they do play down I'm actually disappointed because I know how good they can be.