• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Josh Smith insults the Atlanta fanbase

Wurider05

I agree to an extent, Sturt. But I really don't think that Osh worked on his weaknesses nearly as hard as Nique did. We saw an appreciable improvement in Nique's perimeter game as time went on. No one on this forum can say the same for Smith.

Bottom line was that there wasn't a Coach Bud around to demand better decision making on the court from Smith. Instead, he was allowed carte blanche with Woodson (to an extent) and certainly with LD. He isn't the only one that could've used his help. How much better Childress or Marvin had been if Bud was here instead?

• Like 1

Agreed.

He's not entirely wrong, there are a lot of 'johnny come lately' to the Hawks now that they are winning.  I can't find cheap tickets anymore angry2.gif   

Some fans are indeed fickle, I've been reading other fan sites and some are saying if the Hawks don't win a ring this year they won't be supporting them next year which is just silly.

I can't fault fans for wanting to spend money on a winning product.

Yeah those cheap tickets are a thing of the past.   Cheapest ticket for Friday's game on Stubhub, is $103 . . in the 300 section.  People in the city are now making the Hawks their #1 entertainment option.  That's a good thing for the team.  A bad thing for economical fans.  It simply means that more money needs to be saved up to attend games.

• Like 2

Yeah those cheap tickets are a thing of the past. Cheapest ticket for Friday's game on Stubhub, is $103 . . in the 300 section. People in the city are now making the Hawks their #1 entertainment option. That's a good thing for the team. A bad thing for economical fans. It simply means that more money needs to be saved up to attend games.

Yeah - I've got tickets for the March 22nd game against Spurs and the last home weekend game April 10th against your boy Al Jeff :-).

Yep, no more cheap seats or giveaways at the gate anymore. It took some jack for me and my family folks to get into the Magic game last week. You have to drop at least a Ben Franklin to get into the Cleveland game and I see that number skyrocketing to two or three by tip-off. I cannot fathom what the tickets will go for if/when they make it to the ECFs and Finals. You'll probably see loan underwriters at the door...

• Premium Member

I'm a bit disappointed in Jeff.  What's the point of directing comments to Josh.  This is between Josh and us fans.  Stay out of it! 

Nique addressed Josh's comments on NBARadio saying he never got booed after he was traded because the fans appreciated/recognized the effort he put in.

Josh didn't insult the entire fan base.  Just those who booed him.  But, dude hitting 1 three and talking ish is just crazy.

He said the Atlanta fan base are fickle, very fickle, and that we're a bunch of bandwagon fans. That's pretty insulting if you ask me. Even if it is true lol

• Like 3

He said the Atlanta fan base are fickle, very fickle, and that we're a bunch of bandwagon fans. That's pretty insulting if you ask me. Even if it is true lol

It is true though.  People loved Deion then hated him.  Loved Nique then hated him.  Loved Vick then hated.  Loved Chipper then hated him.  Only loyal fans in GA are the college fans.

• Premium Member

give Josh the Captain Obvious award

VJsw1MaU_400x400.jpeg