• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Dominique Statue Unveiled.

I don't really like the idea of people getting street names or statues while they're alive. Just strikes me as tacky & offputting and also risky because the person can wind up doing something later to royally mess up a legacy. That said, i am a big Nique fan, so I am torn. Glad for him. Oh, but the timing is definitely to add value and positive attention to the team while it is for sale as well as to deflect from the Levenson/Ferry comments.

I don't really like the idea of people getting street names or statues while they're alive. Just strikes me as tacky & offputting and also risky because the person can wind up doing something later to royally mess up a legacy. That said, i am a big Nique fan, so I am torn. Glad for him. Oh, but the timing is definitely to add value and positive attention to the team while it is for sale as well as to deflect from the Levenson/Ferry comments.

Yeah, unless you're a global social or humanitarian figure it is pretty lame but whatever. A Dikembe statue in Woodruff would be more fitting. Most humble people wouldn't even want one but Nique's ego is well-documented. Atlanta can and has done much worse though, see Bobby Brown.

It's really put into perspective when I search for an Obama statue and there's only a life-sized one in Puerto Rico oddly.

Edited by benhillboy

Yeah, unless you're a global social or humanitarian figure it is pretty lame but whatever. A Dikembe statue in Woodruff would be more fitting. Most humble people wouldn't even want one but Nique's ego is well-documented. Atlanta can and has done much worse though, see Bobby Brown.

It's really put into perspective when I search for an Obama statue and there's only a life-sized one in Puerto Rico oddly.

If you followed any of the talk around this it wasn't Nique who asked for it. Also, Nique has done A ton of humanitarian work right here in the city. You are severely misinformed. Edited by HawkItus

If you followed any of the talk around this it wasn't Nique who asked for it. Also, Nique has done A ton of humanitarian work right here in the city. You are severely misinformed.

I may be under-informed, I'll give you that. Not a fan of the statue so I haven't followed "the talk". I take issue with anyone butting heads with Ferry right now so I could sound ignorant at times. That's the risk you run as a Stan I guess (and I'm not trying to instigate a Ferry debate, please people, thanks)

All in all, I'm sure I'll have a smile on my face when I see it in person. It looked great, big as f&@k, although the legs didn't seem right. Maybe it was becuase it didn't have the trademark high socks.

Edited by benhillboy