• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Been watching the Jordan/Wilkins duel on NBAtv from '88

capstone21

I watch it every time it's on...I'm guessing about 3 times a year on NBATV. Loved that team. They show Bulls@ Hawks 88 earlier, then the game 7 Celts one. Man, we were soooooo close ...we woulda gotten the Bad Boys if we won. Imagine if we had beaten them...Hawks Lakers 88 finals...I think Lakers would have gotten us in 5 or 6 but still.

Man I loved watching that team ....

So deep ... Nique/Willis/tree up front with Doc and Wittman at guard ...

Bench of Carr, Livingston, Koncak, spudd and John Battle

I think the trades for Moses and Theus a huge mistake

Moses maybe but Theus was screwing up our offense imo. I think he was a bad fit for us at the time. Also think if we had gotten Moses 2 years before like in 86, we could have done a lot of damage. Oh well it's in the past.

• Admin

Moses maybe but Theus was screwing up our offense imo. I think he was a bad fit for us at the time. Also think if we had gotten Moses 2 years before like in 86, we could have done a lot of damage. Oh well it's in the past.

i know Moses put up good numbers but offense wasn't a problem with this team ... We sacrificed out defence, chemistry and role playing getting rid of tree and Wittman
  • Like 1

i know Moses put up good numbers but offense wasn't a problem with this team ... We sacrificed out defence, chemistry and role playing getting rid of tree and Wittman

Sorry I misread your initial post. I agree that we had more chemistry with Tree and Witt for sure over Moses and Reggie. Having Nique as our main scorer I just don't think we needed to focus on offenses minded guys like Moses and Reggie, I think we would have been much better off with a guy like Michael Cage, who rebounded and played solid D, or even a Buck Williams at that time. Granted Buck was a pf, I wonder if we could have just moved Willis to center. Also maybe a more defensive role player than Theus. I mean we already had a version of Theus in John Battle. Not sure who would have fit us at the time, but keeping Wittman a couple more years might have made more sense.

As a kid watching the Hawks in the 80's I always loved change whether by free agent addition or trades, but now I honestly enjoy watching a group grow together and build chemistry like our modern day Hawks. The Utah Jazz seemed to have the same philosophy in the 80's and 90's. Seemed like most of their talent was home grown. The one exception was getting rid of Bobby Hanson in favor of Jeff Malone, then flipping him for Horny, which was a perfect fit.

Those teams. Heart. Damn Cliff Levingston and that shot lol

I have a problem playing ps4 nba2k15. Cliff looks too much like Nique with that flat top, and when the action is moving so fast let's face it, Cliff isn't the best and running a break and pulling up for a 3 pointer..lol..hence he often gets benched in favor of the original big dog, Antoine :-)

I have a problem playing ps4 nba2k15. Cliff looks too much like Nique with that flat top, and when the action is moving so fast let's face it, Cliff isn't the best and running a break and pulling up for a 3 pointer..lol..hence he often gets benched in favor of the original big dog, Antoine :-)

Antoine Carr was a beast.

Antoine Carr was a beast.

Carr sure got his when he left for SacTown. He never averaged over 9 in 6 years with the Hawks, but quickly jumped up to 19 and 20 per. Wasn't much of a rebounder. I guess he was to Willis and Kak what Pero is to Boss and Trill: box out and let them collect. Edited by benhillboy