• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

7th and 8th seeds will be rough...

Diesel

Heat coach one of the best ??  With all the talent they had they could have had virtually ANYONE coach that team and win.  They have a stud at center but for large stretches of the game he is either on the bench of out of the offensive flow.   He was an overpaid babysitter that is struggling now because he doesnt have the luxury of a stacked roster . I think we sweep them  easily if we play them - and I see them getting nasty to try to rattle us.

I think Miami is the toughest matchup (for anyone) out of those teams. They have a losing record, and Chris is out, but their experience is scary. If D-Wade is healthy, he's still one of the league's best players. Erik Spoelstra is one of the best coaches in the league. They now finally have an elite point guard running the show. I'm not worried about the Hawks beating them, but for other teams, I could see them posing the biggest threat.

Actually Spoelstra is a pretty bad coach. His lack of adjustments played a key role in the 2014 finals being so lopsided.

• Moderators

Best: Miami Heat

You might think an opponent with less of a recent postseason pedigree, like the Charlotte Hornets or Boston Celtics, would be the easiest foe for the East-leading Atlanta Hawks to take down. And if we're being objective, the Hawks probably could make short work of both Charlotte and Boston.

But Atlanta owns the Heat.

The Hawks are 3-0 against Miami this year with a pair of double-digit victories. They beat the Heat twice in the first half with a healthy Chris Bosh, which means the best judge of their future matchups would probably be the closer 93-91 win on Feb. 28. After all, that game featured Hassan Whiteside, now a major piece of Miami's rotation, snatching 24 rebounds against the Hawks' undersized front line.

New addition Goran Dragic was also involved.

Of course, Atlanta rested Pero Antić, Al Horford, DeMarre Carroll and Jeff Teague in that one, which means it's not a great gauge of future performance. It also means the Hawks don't need to be anywhere near full strength to handle the Heat.

It's tempting to look at the backcourt duo of Dragic and Dwyane Wadeand give the Heat a chance. If those two get going, perhaps an upset is possible. But with Whiteside's bad behavior cropping up and no Bosh for the rest of the year, the Heat aren't equipped to challenge Atlanta.

Worst: Indiana Pacers

I'll admit it: This doesn't make any sense.

The Hawks have beaten the Pacers three straight times this year, Roy Hibbert is ill-equipped to chase around Atlanta's mobile, jump-shooting bigs, and even if Paul George returns, it's hard to see Indy scoring enough to keep up with the East's top team.

But Indiana has been so good lately.

It is 13-3 since Feb. 1, and only the Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors have higher net ratings since then. The Pacers are not the same team Atlanta stomped by double digits on Nov. 1, Dec. 8 and Jan. 21.

George Hill is healthy, and things are clicking under Frank Vogel again. If the Pacers wind up in the No. 8 spot, Atlanta had better be wary.

Call it a hunch.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2397828-best-and-worst-first-round-scenarios-for-top-projected-2015-nba-playoff-teams/page/6

• Premium Member

Heat coach one of the best ??  With all the talent they had they could have had virtually ANYONE coach that team and win.  They have a stud at center but for large stretches of the game he is either on the bench of out of the offensive flow.   He was an overpaid babysitter that is struggling now because he doesnt have the luxury of a stacked roster . I think we sweep them  easily if we play them - and I see them getting nasty to try to rattle us.

As in "resorting to thuggery"? Holman could have a heart attack if they did so.

• Like 2

Pacers are on the verge of losing 4 straight. Celtics seem to be hot.

Notice nobody mentions the Pacers opponents in their "hot streak". (Knicks x2, Sixers, Magic, Bucks).

Strength of schedule only matters when talking about the Hawks wins. :-]

Pacers are on the verge of losing 4 straight. Celtics seem to be hot.

Notice nobody mentions the Pacers opponents in their "hot streak". (Knicks x2, Sixers, Magic, Bucks).

All of these bottom feeders have had a winning streak.Most of them still suck.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

The only current playoff teams we could beat in a series are Boston and Washington. But even Washington would be a tough.