• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why the Hawks Offense is Special

drk3351

It's basically unstoppable. People think we're a jump-shooting team. We just use it to open up layups.

When everyone can run all day, everyone down to the 168-pounder is setting screens, and every player is a good or better passer at their position, you don't even have to be a good outside shooter as evidenced by the many Thabo misses in the video. Just...

1. Demoralize defense by getting open looks from perimeter in half court sets

2. Observe paint openings and mismatches appear

3. Lay or dunk shot the ball in the hoop

4. Enjoy timeout and crowd excitement/ silence

5. Repeat.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

They rely on each other, they play for each other, they  trust each other, they have strong team chemistry, they have coach bud, they have danny ferry, they play hardcore team defense, they execute on offense, i can list more of their recipes in success but at the end of day its all about team basketball and winning. There's definitely something special happening in Atlanta.

Really good video by the way!

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

They rely on each other, they play for each other, they trust each other, they have strong team chemistry, they have coach bud, they have danny ferry, they play hardcore team defense, they execute on offense, i can list more of their recipes in success but at the end of day its all about team basketball and winning. There's definitely something special happening in Atlanta.

Really good video by the way!

You must read the quoted post as if Kenny Rogers were singing it. Uh huh

I tried to teach my work basketball team the beauty of the away from the ball double screen, but those guys were too hardheaded and didn't want to play together.  They were way too worried about who was getting shots and who wasn't.  Should've won the basketball league, but ended up losing in the semifinals.

You must read the quoted post as if Kenny Rogers were singing it. Uh huh

Lol! No, i just wanted to point those facts why Hawks are having a lot of success. I didn't ignore his post, i still watched his breakdown video, and i really liked it. 

Also, im a big fan of Kenny Rogers music.gif

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
  • Like 1

I tried to teach my work basketball team the beauty of the away from the ball double screen, but those guys were too hardheaded and didn't want to play together. They were way too worried about who was getting shots and who wasn't. Should've won the basketball league, but ended up losing in the semifinals.

Lol, that's why it may not be easy for other teams to implement, it requires a TOTAL but in to the system. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Lol! No, i just wanted to point those facts why Hawks are having a lot of success. I didn't ignore his post, i still watched his breakdown video, and i really liked it. 

Also, im a big fan of Kenny Rogers music.gif

Oh I didn't think you ignored it. I just couldn't help but hear that song in my head when I started reading your response to him.

• Like 1

I tried to teach my work basketball team the beauty of the away from the ball double screen, but those guys were too hardheaded and didn't want to play together.  They were way too worried about who was getting shots and who wasn't.  Should've won the basketball league, but ended up losing in the semifinals.

I know it's funny how it can have an affect on you.  I found myself trying to set more screens to open up shooters and playing less selfishly from watching good Hawks ball this season.  The Coach Bud effect even trickling all the way down to my playground skills.

Bud truly will borrow from anyplace. I was surprised there was an "Iverson Cut" play, although I know everyone in the Spurs organization sees Larry Browm as a mentor. In Billy Knight's immortal words "the sh$t works"

Edited by benhillboy