• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did anyone else go to the game?

NJHAWK

Hey guys Im just trying to gage from years past if any other Hawks fans were at the Wells Fargo Center last nite for the game. I know in years past we have had a few others from the South Jersey area who go. This year I didnt hear from any on the board and I didnt see any at the fame wearing gear although I did get a few shout outs for my son and I wearing our Horford and Bibby jerseys, lol.

As for my bone to pick with Bud. I dont know how much sense it makes to fight so hard to gain another game in the standings vs the east on Friday nite only to HAND it right back to them ( clev ) included on Saturday nite. Philly is an eastern confernce team just like any other and they count the same number of wins as any other. I understand if they were all really hurt but by putting guys who have no buisness starting in the nba in there like Moosse and Jenkins your putting more physical pressure on Teague and Big Al. Perhaps Im just upset because I actually paid as a Hawks fan last nite expecting an honest effort from our team to TRY and win the game.

You're just upset my man!

I would be too if I spent my hard earned money on the Hawks or Falcons and they lose when I actually go to the game.

Anyways bud did the right thing...no need to force injury and those guys on the bench need to learn how to play together and in tough situations cause they may be called on in the playoffs. So why not give them some burn since we are 10 games over on the 2nd seed with about 17 games left to play?

• Like 1

Hey guys Im just trying to gage from years past if any other Hawks fans were at the Wells Fargo Center last nite for the game. I know in years past we have had a few others from the South Jersey area who go. This year I didnt hear from any on the board and I didnt see any at the fame wearing gear although I did get a few shout outs for my son and I wearing our Horford and Bibby jerseys, lol.

As for my bone to pick with Bud. I dont know how much sense it makes to fight so hard to gain another game in the standings vs the east on Friday nite only to HAND it right back to them ( clev ) included on Saturday nite. Philly is an eastern confernce team just like any other and they count the same number of wins as any other. I understand if they were all really hurt but by putting guys who have no buisness starting in the nba in there like Moosse and Jenkins your putting more physical pressure on Teague and Big Al. Perhaps Im just upset because I actually paid as a Hawks fan last nite expecting an honest effort from our team to TRY and win the game.

You mean that you didn't enjoy watching Moose's sorry ass start last night? Shame on you!

You mean that you didn't enjoy watching Moose's sorry ass start last night? Shame on you!

No man I didnt.Thats most likely the only live game Im going to see of our boys this year . So for my son not to see his boy Korver and not getting the chance to watch Sap dominate inside or JYD defense keeping clowns out of the lane all so they could have some "rest". I dont know man it pissed me off. We had 50 wins on the line last nite with a chance to further demoralize the other teams in the east. Bud treated the game like it didnt matter. Moose and Jenkins?  come on man.

• Moderators

I can say that if the Cavs were as bad as the Sixers, Coach would have rested the guys in that game too, but the game vs. the Sixers was a meaningless game and in the past, our bench has been good enough to beat these bottom feeders. I know how you fell tho. I usually only get to see the Hawks when they come to Memphis, but at least you have 5 different teams up in NE America to see a Hawks road game.

Coach Bud and the front office should have went out and got another big instead of another shooter.  Pero seems like damaged goods this year, Elton is slow as molasses and Muscala is too soft.

• Like 1

I can say that if the Cavs were as bad as the Sixers, Coach would have rested the guys in that game too, but the game vs. the Sixers was a meaningless game and in the past, our bench has been good enough to beat these bottom feeders. I know how you fell tho. I usually only get to see the Hawks when they come to Memphis, but at least you have 5 different teams up in NE America to see a Hawks road game.

The 76ers are about a half an hour away. The 2 NY teams are an Hour away with the old NJ Nets being the only convienant spot to get to. MSG was ok if you take the train. I havent attemted the new areana in Brooklyn yet. Thats 3 not 5. The next closest arena would be a 3 and a half hour drive to Washington.

• Moderators

3 games in 4 nights.   Definitely take your chances with the bench against the sixers.  The bench came through against the heat a couple weeks ago.  No reason to think they couldn't beat the sixers so I don't think Bud was intending to lose the game.   Not only are we resting guys but we're seeing who is going to be able to fill their role if pressed into duty.   I think the answer was not what we were looking for though.

• Moderators

The 76ers are about a half an hour away. The 2 NY teams are an Hour away with the old NJ Nets being the only convienant spot to get to. MSG was ok if you take the train. I havent attemted the new areana in Brooklyn yet. Thats 3 not 5. The next closest arena would be a 3 and a half hour drive to Washington.

Come on! 3 hours would be a skip and hop for us country folk. You city folk are spoiled only having 30-60 minutes to a ball game! lol Memphis is 2 hours away while Atlanta is 4.5 hours for me (Nashville is 3.5, B-ham is 2.5), so I know about long drives. We have to drive hours to do anything here in MS. It sucks!

And ya forgot about Bahston.

• Moderators

I am just under 4 hours from any arena so I don't feel that pain for you, but I totally get being let down bringing your kid out to watch the team and have them fall flat.  I'm sure you had envisioned a great bonding experience that would cement his fanhood only to see him walk away with little other than disappointment.  That stings even if you can wrap your head around the big picture strategy.  

Have we actually rested 3 starters in prior games?  I was thinking we had done more like 2.

Come on! 3 hours would be a skip and hop for us country folk. You city folk are spoiled only having 30-60 minutes to a ball game! lol Memphis is 2 hours away while Atlanta is 4.5 hours for me (Nashville is 3.5, B-ham is 2.5), so I know about long drives. We have to drive hours to do anything here in MS. It sucks!

And ya forgot about Bahston.

Boston is 6 hrs away.

I am just under 4 hours from any arena so I don't feel that pain for you, but I totally get being let down bringing your kid out to watch the team and have them fall flat.  I'm sure you had envisioned a great bonding experience that would cement his fanhood only to see him walk away with little other than disappointment.  That stings even if you can wrap your head around the big picture strategy.  

Have we actually rested 3 starters in prior games?  I was thinking we had done more like 2.

His favorite player is Korver so he was upset about that and the loss. Maybe the Nets will be an 8 seed and we can see him there.

• Moderators

His favorite player is Korver so he was upset about that and the loss. Maybe the Nets will be an 8 seed and we can see him there.

I hope you and your son enjoy many Hawks games but I also hope the Nets don't give you that chance in the playoffs.