• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The difference

Alex

• Premium Member

We've already pretty much "won" the regular season. We need our guys healthy for the playoffs. That's all I am concerned with at this point. If our team is healthy for the playoffs we have an excellent chance. That's all I'm saying.

You're absolutely right but how many guys have reacted like that?

It's fair to be upset about it, it's not fair to act all big bad tough guy after the game's been pretty much decided to try to showboat in front of the home fans (oh, and with backup right next to you to "hold you back"). B*tch. Move.

Has there ever been as unlikeable a duo of MVP candidates as there are this year?

Curry is a wuss. They always say he doesn't back down. But I doubt he has been in any fights his whole life. I bet he'd cry if he got into a fight. I hope somebody puts him on his back.

The difference is that they hit their shots and we didn't.  We also had a bunch of abnormal turnovers (like Teague overpassing Millsap on the break).  Horford missed a ton of shots in that first half that he almost always drains.  He was like 1 for 7 or something crazy and he would normally be 5 for 7.  We also missed a bunch of close ranged shots that we usually make.  It also seemed that we didn't move the ball as well as we usually do.  Our players got jammed up at times (kudos to GS) and it seemed like we did more ISO than usual when the shot clock start running down.  We are usually good about not getting frustrated when we get behind, but we just weren't ourselves last night.

Bottom line.  The series with them is split.  Let's hope that we can somehow finish with a better record than them.  Home court is going to be absolutely critical IF we are lucky enough to make it to the finals.  Golden State is 31-2 at home.  That is incredible.  Two teams have beat them there all season.  Let's not freak out that we weren't one of them.  4 teams have beat us at home (30-4) all season.  Golden State wasn't one of them.

You have it all wrong. Home court does not matter. 

Horford: 4/18

If anything, this game showed that Korver is more important to the Hawks than Klay is to the Warriors. They got great nights from scrubs. Barnes hasn't shot that well all season.

The Warriors are more individually talented than the Hawks, but they are not better as a team.

I doubt the numbers back that up.

The Warriors didn't have Bogut.

I actually had to check that before I posted and I went to that game! I do not remember Bogut, but he did play 22 minutes. He's always on a minutes restriction (24 per) and Mike came in going ham so they went small. He's easy to miss, he didn't even score Wednesday but I believe he got 14 rebounds all at once.

• Premium Member

Yeah, it's hard to conceptualize it without having seen the game but Dennis did play better than Teague.  T

in what world?  The only reason we were in the game in the first half was Teague and Paul.

Dennis was messing up.

Lol since when are Bazemore, Dennis, and Mack scrubs? You can make a case for Antić and Jenkins but please. All three of those guys have stepped it up this when their number has been called.

Al went 4/18, three of our most key players were out, and we were in the toughest building to play in the NBA. But we lost "because we play garbage players" give me a break guy...

Edited by WillyMo
  • Like 1

What was the excuse for last nights loss?

Yeah, last night the scubs lost it, none of 'em stepped up.... Oh wait, two of 'em were our topscorers with 22 and 21 points, combined 57%FG and 64%3PT... Nevertheless, they lost it... 

• Like 1

I do think some players are holding back... I feel that Millsap is mostly going all out, but I don't think Teague is. His play has seemed rather conservative for awhile. I don't know if he is nursing and injury or if he is holding back in order to stay healthy for the playoffs. But I don't feel that has heart has been in it for sometime. 

The defense has been way less than stellar with Bazemore starting the last few games.

Edited by Hotlanta1981