• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Spurs

lethalweapon3

Good that we hit this bump in the road now and not in the playoffs.

Hawks are not as bad as they showed in the 1st quarter.

Spurs are not as good as they showed in the 1st quarter.

After getting blown away to begin the game, Hawks mostly swapped points

the remainder of the game.  When you are behind over 20 points, then score

every time your opponent does, you lose by 20.  Simple math.

When the Spurs hit 10 in a row and the Hawks couldn't, it was all over but the crying.

Sure, the officials made a bad call or two.  Reverse those calls and we still lose.

Intensity - missing.  Enthusiasm - missing.  Intimidation by the Spurs - Oh, yeah!

(At least the Braves won)

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't care about losing but I do care about how we lose at this point of the season. That was just pitiful..

Hats off to guys like Dennis, Millsap and Pero for showing some effort. I wouldn't say that I'm worried at all, we didn't get settled at home until Saturday afternoon and had a game 24 hours later.

Yeah, we will be the top seed in the east and they know that. At some point they need to start playing solid D and moving the ball when the game is on the line though. We need to maintain the "good basketball habits" that we showed for the majority of the season.

Good that we hit this bump in the road now and not in the playoffs.

Hawks are not as bad as they showed in the 1st quarter.

Spurs are not as good as they showed in the 1st quarter.

After getting blown away to begin the game, Hawks mostly swapped points

the remainder of the game.  When you are behind over 20 points, then score

every time your opponent does, you lose by 20.  Simple math.

When the Spurs hit 10 in a row and the Hawks couldn't, it was all over but the crying.

Sure, the officials made a bad call or two.  Reverse those calls and we still lose.

Intensity - missing.  Enthusiasm - missing.  Intimidation by the Spurs - Oh, yeah!

(At least the Braves won)

The impersonator is pretty much never as good as the right thing.

• Like 1

On another note, Austin Daye was extremely unimpressive in garbage time. Looked very slow, very lost and missed a couple of guarded shots instead of moving the ball around.

After the starters came out, I didn't even watch the end of the game, I was too busy trying to get Harry Hawk to take a picture with my 6 year old daughter, lol.

He lifted her up and her smile was so big I forgot we lost horribly. Lol.

Got a great picture.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Great article. The Spurs have been doing this for so long, that's what a well oiled machine looks like.

This was interesting and so true:

Jeff Teague and Dennis Schröder were slow to move the ball, and the Hawks simply don’t have the iso-assassins to compensate for gummy execution. Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green, the Spurs’ stingy wing tandem, can recognize a mirror when they see one, and all afternoon they were a step ahead defensively of the Hawks’ perimeter attack.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Great article. The Spurs have been doing this for so long, that's what a well oiled machine looks like.

This was interesting and so true:

Jeff Teague and Dennis Schröder were slow to move the ball, and the Hawks simply don’t have the iso-assassins to compensate for gummy execution. Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green, the Spurs’ stingy wing tandem, can recognize a mirror when they see one, and all afternoon they were a step ahead defensively of the Hawks’ perimeter attack.

Were not close to the Spurs right now. They simply have better players. I can't wait for Tavares but we need a wing with potential with badly. 

• Premium Member

After the starters came out, I didn't even watch the end of the game, I was too busy trying to get Harry Hawk to take a picture with my 6 year old daughter, lol.

He lifted her up and her smile was so big I forgot we lost horribly. Lol.

Got a great picture.

That's the only good thing I've seen come out of the game. Glad she got to get her picture taken with him.

To many points in the paint. It would have been nice to have a real rim-protector instead of Brand. Hawks are good at perimeter defense and forcing turnovers, but well oiled passing machines with talented bigs will get into that paint. You need a guy for that. At least the likelyhood of facing them again this season is slim. But I should not say that to loud.

• Like 1

To many points in the paint. It would have been nice to have a real rim-protector instead of Brand. Hawks are good at perimeter defense and forcing turnovers, but well oiled passing machines with talented bigs will get into that paint. You need a guy for that. At least the likelyhood of facing them again this season is slim. But I should not say that to loud.

Thats the point i keep making. Teams are not playing around and attacking the rim. Horford has never been a big time defender at the rim.  Sap is too small. Pero, polease, might as well but a statue down low. Muscola? Nope. Brand? Too old and defense never really been his forte. They need Tavares to get whipped into shape asap.........

Edited by atlbenz