• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

ESPN Coach Rankings

capstone21

Horny, Kidd and Brad Stevens need to be higher. As much as I hate Kidd he is not working with a lot. I also hate the Celts big time but Stevens is also working with little.

If you're a Knicks fan you gotta be proud of your "braintrust".

inb4 @hawksfanatic completely obliterates the "math" behind the rankings.

There's not a lick of math in this whole thing. Pardon me, I should say that they do average some numbers. WHOAH! Talk about advanced analytics, huh? {/sarcasm}

(good to remember that ESPN considers this as part of their analytics department and calls it the best prediction system in the past 5 years...or in other words, please don't read ESPN)

• Premium Member

In my opinion I would take Stan Van Gundy and Quin Snyder over some other coaches ahead of them... they are GREAT coaches.

I really wanted SVG before we hired Bud. I think he will do a very good job in Detroit when it's all said and done. I mean the guy just dumped Josh, he isn't afraid to shake things up.

Edited by cam1218

Doc is not overrated to me. Spo is.

Doc has turned the Clippers in to a hot mess.  Traded away all of their youth for over the hill players.

Brings his son in who is straight terrible. 

That Celtics team won the title because they had 3 Hall of Famers and elite defense and Thibs was the one coaching that defense.

Doc is not overrated to me. Spo is.

I'm with @JETSET on this one.  Doc in ORL was middling at best and he was really on the verge of being fired in BOS before the big 3 saved him.  LAC has been a mess (primarily due to Doc being a poor personnel guy).  On the court that team is a mess, a talented mess.  They can't stop complaining, can't defend without fouling and generally look unorganized on offense.  Their wins, like BOS, are due to talent not Doc's coaching.

Admittedly, Doc's GMing is the main problem in LAC but his coaching is mediocre at best.

He definitely commands the respect of the players which masks his X's/O's deficiencies and keeps his rep a good one in league circles IMHO.

Spo has done a pretty good job considering the circumstances.  I don't consider him a great coach by any means though.