• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Bucks

lethalweapon3

Well 'm no Doctor - but I think a dislocation means the ball joint comes out of the socket thingy. There are tendons and stuff that keeps it from not happening all the time - so when it does - some stuff likely gets tore up/re-arranged.

Good thing we got Mack.

Edited by DJlaysitup

JJ didn't see the floor tonight.

Four shots in a row from Korver, three of 'em for threeee!

That was really the difference.  Temporarily let the air out

of their balloon.

Hawks had 5 players scoring in double figures.

Question: Who is the star on this Hawks team?

Answer:  Whoever is open to take the shot!

On to Detroit.  I hear that Dennis isn't going.

pilot.gif

• Like 3

Was at the game tonight and thanks for yalls opinions yall gave me awhile back on what seats and stuff were good i appreciate it. The korver 4 in a row in person was insane the crowd was just outstanding. I was about 20 ft from the crazies section i got up there with them a few times for the chants they were all good people.

Things i noticed while at the game in person

1. Our defense is smothering when we want it to be. We have some of the most active hands players i have ever seen.

2. Korver outside of those 4 shots had a really tough game. His passes were a bit off and he was getting bit up quite a bit on D. But he never gave up and still had a ok game and came up big when we needed him.

3. Pero Antić defense, length, and active hands are MUCH BETTER than i thought they were. With that said i still think he is a major liability when in the game overall. He has to be upgraded next offseason. Still he surprised me on D i never knew he had that part to his game.

4. Bucks are alot better of a team than people give them cerdit for even though we put a decent whipping on them they have some really nice young players to watch out for in a few years. Bayless watching him in person is a surprisingly fluid and good player helps his team out alot with spacing with as much as he moves. OJ Mayo and MCW sucks that is all even in person im not impressed. Giannis is a man out there i like his game alot it is smooth. ZAZA made me cheer for him and miss him tonight. He would be a great 5 defender and reboudner backup to Horford still here over Pero.

5. Our bench is out bread and butter and our ticket to winning in the playoffs imo. Our starting 5 are good enough to play as good and even with anyones starting 5. The Bench we have is better than almost anyones i have seen and if they play good like they can we won't be beat by anyone.

6. The Crowd was pretty electric for most of the game but sadly as i have seen with every hawks, braves, and falcons crowd they arrive late to the game and getting to their seats. This still sucks and i hate it everytime i go. I was there at 6:45 to 7 30 min before the game started ready to roll. The bench side crowd which i was in sec 117 Row Q. Right behind hawks bench was packed as was the entire side over there. But across from us on the other side of the court about half of the seats were empty. As said for the lack of some of the fans there the ones who were got loud. Bot sure if it showed much during the game i bet it did during Korver 4 shots though.

7. Carrol is a beast... It needed it's own number he earned it i was a little upset he didn't get the last 2 reboudns for a 20+ 10 5 night lol.

Anything else you want to know about the game from a seatside perspective tonight let me know smile3.gif

You pretty much covered it.

Has anyone else noticed Bud is allowing a few more offensive rebounding attempts lately? Usually DeMarre and Moose, I'm sure it'll be installed in the postseason when advantageous. 12 tonight against Milwaukee's length is huge.

• Like 1

I did notice that Carrol was a busy man underneath alot more than he use to be while on defense.  I know his D is great in general but Bud seems to be bringing him in down low a bit more to even the odds up to out hustle other teams bigs. 

Also soemthing i forgot to add Moose is a funny player to watch in person as no matter who has the ball he is running all over the place and throwing his hands up telling them to theow it to him rather he is open or not.  He wants to be in the play so bad most of the time which i like as that proves he wants to be a go to guy and get better.  Still it's really funny to see to me when Al was out and i think he was in with the starting 4 at one point.

Edited by falconfan13
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

déjà vu all over again:

"When you play against the best in the East, you have to compete," he said. "We didn't do that tonight. Offensively and defensively, there was not enough energy. That's what we've built our foundation on, and we just had another no-show tonight."

This is Jason Kidd talking about his Bucks performance against the Hawks last night.  I remember this same quote coming over and over again from Woody and LD.  

man, I miss the good ol' days

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gXNauoW_JZc

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25129666/video-kyle-korver-scores-11-points-in-65-seconds

there is something about 11 pts vs 12 pts.  I think had he got 4 3s this would have been the lead on SC.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

there is something about 11 pts vs 12 pts. I think had he got 4 3s this would have been the lead on SC.

I may just be spoiled, but I was more surprised/ dissapointed he stepped on the line for that one shot than I am impressed with the overall display. This is THREEZUS we're talking, we can do all things through him. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I got to go to the game. Our D looked really good. Great to see Teague back out there. Horford's jumper was looking good.

Also got to see Kevin Willis and John Koncak.

Did Willis shove ur head back into the huddle?

I'm not getting that one but sounds like a good story. I really wanted a picture but no one was bothering him so i left him alone. He's a big guy.

Oh it was from 2004, his last year here, Smoove's rookie year. In a game, the Hawks were in a huddle and Smoove, being the hothead clown that he was, was looking all around, laughing, not being focused or listening, so Willis saw this and shoved Smoove's head into the huddle. I thought it was pretty funny.

Ya, dude looks huge, I know he worked out a lot in the past with Lee Haney, former Mr. Olympia I believe. I think Willis and Julio Franco were two of the biggest Atlanta sports dudes in the last 30 years. Oops, I'm forgetting my favorite player of all time, Ronnie (the power plug) Gant. :-)

I'm not getting that one but sounds like a good story. I really wanted a picture but no one was bothering him so i left him alone. He's a big guy.

By the way I notice that you didn't ask Koncak for an autograph? Why is that?...lmao

Edited by Spud2Nique