• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

These last few games and paying ticket prices

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

I live about 150 miles away from phillips and attend a few games a year.  I'm ecstatic about the season the Hawks have had but I have one complaint.    I have purchased 4 tickets for saturday nights game in the lower level.  We are playing the hated imo Nets.   I'm kinda aggravated about paying that much for tickets when we may be not be playing starters and trying to win a game.

Your thoughts

• Moderators

We will be trying to win the Nets game for sure because of the draft considerations.   It would be stupid not to.  But if it weren't for that i'd say that's just part of it.  No one complains when teams suck and they are playing the rookies over the veterans, why is it any different when the team is great and has nothing left to play for.   

For me there is a difference between not trying to win and not playing the starters.  It's extremely important to our success as a team that the backups get court time and the best time for them to get it is when winning isn't as critical.   

Plus wouldn't you be more aggravated if one of our guys has a season ending injury in a meaningless game?

Edited by macdaddy

I don't think we have rested our starters for a home game this year.

The days I remember

1/13 @ Philly

1/14 @ Boston

2/28 @ Miami

3/7   @ Philly

3/15 @ LAL

3/16 @ SAC

3/28 @ Char

They aren't going to cheat the home fans from a good experience so I wouldn't be worried about any one sitting, especially against Brooklyn.

• Moderators

I notice Lionel Hollins and SVG have weighed in against resting players (mainly because they're teams suck).  Just looking strictly from a fan perspective though i still don't see the big deal.  The fans have unequivocally made it clear that what they want from their teams are winning and deep playoff runs above all else.  That's what the rest is designed to do.   Hollins thinks rest is to prolong careers but that's not it at all.   Bud wouldn't be resting guys if he didn't think it would provide the team a better chance to win in the playoffs.   And that's what fans want.

I would hope they play but I can feel your pain somewhat.  I drove 120 miles to watch the Hawks/Lakers game where I believe we only had 2 of our regular starters.

I would say look at the positive too though and know that you were part of a historic Hawks season regardless.  Nobody can take that away from you.

What's ironic is people complain about us resting players while they give a pass to the teams we are playing.  Teams like LAL, Philly, Boston have decimated their rosters and sat healthy players in an effort to purposely lose games.  At least we are still trying to win games while keeping our best guys healthy.  Fans should already have low expectations when buying a ticket for a Philly or LAL game anyway.

• Premium Member

I think we will be in full playoff mode against BKN. At least, I hope so. Play the starters 40 if we must, but we HAVE to get the W.

The Brooklyn game(s) are must wins. I'd be VERY surprised if Bud rested the starters during the game. Just because Indiana, Charlotte, and Detroit are screwing us over doesn't mean we should just give up. Winnng those 2 games against Brooklyn could be the difference between the lottery and mid First Round.

I was going to fly from PA to that very game (fell through because of a wedding that popped up). Even then, I still would not care if they played starters or not. I just wanted to attend a game in Philips. 

You buy tickets to sporting events with no guarantees of anything except seeing the teams listed on the ticket. Who plays is always subject to change.

• Like 1

Starters better play 35+ minutes vs Nets. We had nearly the entire week off and it's the Nets, extra incentive. We need to go 2-0 vs them to finish them off.

Starters better play 35+ minutes vs Nets. We had nearly the entire week off and it's the Nets, extra incentive. We need to go 2-0 vs them to finish them off.

How many times have our starters played 35+ minutes in any game this year?

I live about 150 miles away from phillips and attend a few games a year.  I'm ecstatic about the season the Hawks have had but I have one complaint.    I have purchased 4 tickets for saturday nights game in the lower level.  We are playing the hated imo Nets.   I'm kinda aggravated about paying that much for tickets when we may be not be playing starters and trying to win a game.

Your thoughts

I'm 300 miles away, and I've gone back and forth all week about buying a ticket to the Brooklyn game because of that very reason.   All of the mid priced tickets are gone ( at least on ticketmaster . . . there's a few on stubhub that are kind of overpriced ).  I actually don't mind negotiating with the scalpers outside to try to get a decent ticket deal on a good seat.   

Now that JETSET has pointed it out, I can't remember them resting anybody at home. So I should've gone ahead and bought the ticket earlier in the week.

Maybe don't pay so much for good seats if it's a serious concern?

It's not just the seats . . . it's paying for the seats + the cost and time of travel to get to the game.  I'm sure he doesn't care about the price of the tickets.  He just want to see the Hawks play to win and not treat it like an exhibition game, if he's going to pay top dollar.

• Like 3

I don't know that's why I asked.

Lol ...I wish there was a way to find out. I guess we have to wait until Street n Smith comes out in July and go back and check out the game logs and count with our fingers. (When you tally them with sticks you can go by 5's just make sure to mark the 5th stick diagonally to bundle the pack of 5 so it's easier to count).